Aim dash wiring

Lee07771

Some of the G4+ ECUs have a round 6 pin communication port that contains the CAN H and CAN L pins. Other G4+ ECUs have the CAN H and CAN L connection directly on the main wiring connectors. Check out PCLink Help > Wiring information for more detailed information.

Scott

Hi thanks for the reply I just need to know what colours to use for can + and for can- on the link cable   From the G4+ ecu  as I have a plug in dash cable but all the instructions say is can low and can high,does can high mean plus etc?

Can high is plus I rang tech support thanks

If you have a Link G4+ plug-in ECU then the bottom board of the ECU will have a 5 pin white connector. The loom that plugs into this connector has a white wire and a green wire. The white wire is CAN High and the green wire is CAN Low.

Yes, the G4+ will need to be setup to communicate with the Aim. Attached are some instructions I made recently.

Scott.

CAN - G4+ to Pista MXL.pdf

• 1 year later...

Hi Scott.

Any chance you can do the same thing but with a AEM cd-7 and link thunder ecu?

In the link software i have everything exactly as per your pdf file and have the can wires from cd7 running to the thunders wiring harness D plug can1 hi and can1 low.

I however get lost when dealing with aem dashdesign to configure theyre end!

Cheers.

Danny

17 hours ago, Cozcorners said:

Hi Scott.

Any chance you can do the same thing but with a AEM cd-7 and link thunder ecu?

In the link software i have everything exactly as per your pdf file and have the can wires from cd7 running to the thunders wiring harness D plug can1 hi and can1 low.

I however get lost when dealing with aem dashdesign to configure theyre end!

Cheers.

Danny

There should be a fairly complete instruction document installed on your PC with the AEM dash software (My documents>AEM>Dash Design>CAN) but I will attach a copy below.  Let me know if you still cant get it to work after reading this.

Link_G4+.pdf

All good, i have been in tuch with AEM before posting that and had a reply in the meantime.

It was just in the settings and CAN ports used.

The manual was a bit hard to follow for me so all the cans and ports got me confused, but all sorted now and works awesome.

Thanks again