evo 9 Fuel table Setup

steve_00

The master fuel number is a multiplier with with the values from the fuel table. Because the fuel tables values are adjusted to obtain the desired air/fuel ratio, the master fuel number is not related only to injector specs, but also engine characteristics.

It is recommended to use a Master Fuel value which results in the rows in the middle of the Fuel Table having cell number values around 50 with the desired air/fuel ratios. 

If you switch from Traditional Fuel Equation Mode to Modelled Fuel Equation Mode then a Master fuel number is not required, as the ECU uses additional engine details instead.

I have ID 1000cc injector in my evo 9 with 2.2 kit

- How to get Master fuel value  
- Injector Dead time (can entering value from the 1st picture ?)
- Injector Short Pulse (can leave it to 0 ?)

ID1000.thumb.jpg.4fd9c0ea3bdf242dc9d6465

Full_Main.thumb.jpg.55cd852fdb9cb7b2dc1b

inj_Dead_time.thumb.jpg.3d8084837f47b729

Ebo,

If you need any help with base file setup let me know. I have tuned multiple Evo 8 and 9 units. You will want to account for engine specs. like Scott mentioned. I personally love the modeled fuel equation. It works so well and the results when setup correctly are very consistent.  Just takes a little more time and logging.

We can do some e-tuning to help you out as well. Great choice of injectors!

Sincerely,

Rich

Thanks simon and rick,
sorry for asking so many question cause previously was using tephra v7 rom,

If change to Modelled Fuel Equation Mode,

-which means just entering value 1000cc in Injector flow @ rated pressure ?
-what are the value in Injector Dead time table ?
-what the different  between AFR/Lambda  target table and Fuel table ? 

Hi Ebo,

I have run Tephra as well and tuned a lot of cars with opensource. The dead time table will stay the same. The target lamba table will stay the same as well, unless you decide to change current lamba for MGP. Fuel table will change a little once tuned. The biggest change will come from the fuel charge temp. approximation table. This table tells the ecu weather to look at IAT or ECT in a percentile value. This equation bases the air charge temp going into the engine more accurately. IAT and ECT comp. tables will need to be Zeroed when running in Modeled mode.

RichRDE 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I am in the process of starting my Evo 8 for the first time.  I have installed a 2.2 LR (4g64 with 92 mm crank).

It would have been awesome if you posted in here what you did to help.  I was able to get the car started in traditional mode and ran it for a bit.  I tried switching to modelled and it was really lean.  I can not seem to find a similar multiplier to get it in line so I am clearly off on something.

Deadtime

4.108    3.354    2.599    2.145    1.691    1.468    1.245    1.111    0.977    0.881

Engine Capacity 

Base fuel pressure is stock (43.5)  I have adjustable FPR.  any benefit in raising this before i get too far into tuning?

Flow rate

Not sure why it went  so lean.

13 minutes ago, Turbo.Tim said:

It would have been awesome if you posted in here what you did to help.  I was able to get the car started in traditional mode and ran it for a bit.  I tried switching to modelled and it was really lean.  I can not seem to find a similar multiplier to get it in line so I am clearly off on something.

Fuel tables in Modelled mode are quite different to Traditional mode, a loose starting point is 60-80 at idle

That seems excessively high.  How will I get any resolution?  I assume i will be in the 150 range at wot?  I was hoping there was a global multiplier to bring that down but if 60-80 is acceptable than that would explain why i was still lean at 50.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:53 AM, Turbo.Tim said:

That seems excessively high.  How will I get any resolution?  I assume i will be in the 150 range at wot?  I was hoping there was a global multiplier to bring that down but if 60-80 is acceptable than that would explain why i was still lean at 50.

In Modelled mode the Fuel table values are Volumetric efficiency, wide open throttle for a good NA motor could get up around 100-110. Yes the resolution is theoretically reduced due but modelled mode but I suspect that you'll find you still have plenty.