Mini Cooper R53 PnP

Mini34

Ok, so just about to drop the coin on a new G4+ for my mildly modified Mini Cooper, which current runs a flash tune with 550 cc injectors.

Understand that the ECU will come with a base map but also presuming this will be for the standard smaller injectors. How difficult is it to change to fueling for the larger injects on the base map to get things started.

Long term plan is to for larger injectors and tune for E85 with Flexfuel sensor.

Also, can you drop the Air Con off the ECU as my car had it removed as track car only and this messes with the radiator fan and runs high speed al the time, so disconnect with manual switch at moment. Would be good to go back to normal low and high speed automatic at temps.

Cheers

Hello,

Yes, you are correct, the base-map that comes with the ECU is for standard injectors. You can lower the 'Master Fuel' setting to compensate for bigger injectors. This will get you roughly where you need to be, and you can then tune the main fuel table to suit your engine.

The A/C compressor clutch relay is on Aux Output 6, if you don't want this you can set Aux 6 to Off. The engine fan outputs are on Aux Ign 6 and Aux Ign 7 and are able to have their switch on temperatures adjusted individually.

Scott

Thanks Scott

As this is a PNP I am presuming when you say aux 6 & 7 this is wired through the standard mini harness and plug?

Also when wiring a wide band sensor, do you use the standard inputs or wire separate and leave narrow band there?

Cheers in advance 

Hi Mini34. Yes the aux 6 & 7 are through the factory pins in the harness.

You can leave narrow band sensor there. Use a expansion harness and wire the analog wire from the new Wide Band to the corresponding AN Volt channel. You can then setup the wide band control.

-Rich RDE

• 3 weeks later...

You can also remove the factory narrowband sensors and repurpose the connectors to wire the wideband into the ECU.  The two narrowbands give expansion of two analog inputs and two auxiliary outputs without needing to drop more of your coins on the expansion connector.  Removing the aircon also frees up an analog input from the AC pressure sensor (was well as an output to the clutch) so you could also use that.

• 1 year later...

PWM for electric water pump.

Ok, thinking of changing the electric water pump from an ON all the time to a PWM set up so I can control water temp with a solid state relay, rather an taping the front of the car off.

Rather than wiring in something new I was thinking of utilising some of the obsolete OEM wiring and relays with the ECU i.e. air conditioning clutch control.

I have seen SSR direct replacements for standard relays and was thinking of putting on of these in the fuse box for the air con clutch , finding the wiring that use to go to the air con compress and wire into my water pump.

Logical, feasible?

Cheers