What is new with PCLink V5.6.1.3098 Firmware

AXA

Hi Scott,

Lock Timing did'nt work on DI9, change it to DI6 and it's working perfectly.

Just noticed that the closed loop lambda control was not working as for version 5.5.7.  In the runtime value the CLL only adding fuels at the maximum of fuel +/- ##'s. I am using an Extreme ecu with an external PLX AFR. No issues on previous version before. Check everything and comparing map calibration done nothing changed.

Thank you.

Lock Timing did'nt work on DI9, change it to DI6 and it's working perfectly.

Hi Dinn,

I've been able to confirm the problem with DI 9 (or 10) being able to do 'Lock Ignition Switch'. Thanks for additional info. I have passed this on to the engineering team.

Scott

Hi Joe,

Are you able to set Aux 17 or Aux 18 to Speedo Out? If yes, what happens then? The speed doesn't work at all, or erratic behaviour?

With the over-run fuel cut Ignition Retard, are you able to type in a negative value? Should look like this:

Ignition retard.PNG

Scott

For speedo out, I can set AUX17 or AUX18 to speedo out but no have out put pulse  form that AUX.I try to set as Test (PWM) and use oscilloscope to check they had pulse come out but when changed function to Speedo Out, run the car - had nothing, when changed to AUX6 it's work fine.

For the input value, when i type such as -5, in the pop-up box warn me "Too big! Max is 0" but can change by press PGUP/PGDN.

Link number input.JPG

Hi Sutkale

At this point it is going to be some time as it is not an issue for 99% of the users and unfortunately other items will be addressed first.

Edited by Simon

• 2 weeks later...

In the release notes it says "Fury Internal Lambda now updates Lambda Average correctly."

However I was having the same issue with Lambda1 not working to correct fuel trims etc (fixed when rename it to Lambda 2) on a red xtreme.

Will this have fixed it for the xtreme as well or just the Fury?

Edited by Davidv

Hello everyone,

Just tested the new firmware v5.6.2, The lambda 1 closed loop control is working correctly. For the DI# input, Lock Timing only can be use on DI1-8, it's still not working on DI9&10. Will update if there's any other problem exist. 

Thanks to the support team.

In the release notes it says "Fury Internal Lambda now updates Lambda Average correctly."

However I was having the same issue with Lambda1 not working to correct fuel trims etc (fixed when rename it to Lambda 2) on a red xtreme.

Will this have fixed it for the xtreme as well or just the Fury?

I am using the same Extreme Red Ecu, running on the latest firmware version 5.6.2. Are you still running on the 5.6.1 firmware? They finally fixed the problem on the 5.6.2 firmware.

Hi Dinn,

Thanks for reporting back on your testing with 5.6.2. I'll have a look at the timing lock and report back.

Dave, I've also tested Lambda 1 on CLL on firmware 5.6.2 and it is working well on Stoich and Auto modes.

Scott.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again Dinn,

I can confirm that 'Lock Ign Timing' is not fixed in 5.6.2. It is expected to be fixed in our next major release.

Scott.

Edited by Scott

Hi- can someone explain how starting an engine on wasted spark and group fuel results in improved starting . How firing the plugs on the exhaust and firing the fuel injectors at an imprecise time is better for starting ?  This is offered for ford ba and toyota 2gr-fe engines in the latest version for the link g4+. Thanks - Ken .

Hey Ken,

I believe that the reason wasted spark gets the engine going quicker is that the ECU only needs to find crank angle position in order to get the motor firing. Instead of waiting for cam angle as well.

In 720 crank degrees of rotation you get two crank angle sensor signals but only one cam angle sensor position.

Engines which have reluctors as the cam/crank angle sensors sometimes have a little trouble establishing when the engine rpm is very low (like 100rpm or whatever) so reducing its dependency to just one of the sensors means that it'll start up a lot quicker.

Edited by Davidv

Hi- Thanks for your answer . One more question then . On another recent post Scott answered a question basically saying they have a pre programed ford timing feature that will achieve this type of startup . Can it be applied to other engines ? Mine uses VR  pickups for both crank and cam triggers so it might be beneficial. How could this be done ? Thanks - Ken . ( Sorry if im hijacking but seems relevant ) 

It can be applied to some patterns but not all. An example would be a 12 tooth on crank with a single cam trigger it could not be applied to as there is no way to find a location until the cam sync is seen.

It was introduced on the Ford pattern due to very weak signals off the cam position sensor. Requiring the engine to get up to faster than cranking before it could be read accurately.