G4+ plugin for gen 1 3sgte idle too rich

mr2slow

hello everyone , 

i am the proud new owner of a G4+ plugin ECU on my 91 mr2 turbo. I noticed my idle is very rich. it stays this way even after warm up. my lambda target is set to .95 but the actual never leaves .67. Anyone have any tips on how to lower this. would i adjust my fuel table by trying -5 across the table? or is there a better way. i just want to clear up my idle so my neighbors stop complaining. i plan on getting it tuned by a reputable dealer here in the states. just want to drive it around the block and get it to idle better. Thanks for the help!

mr2slow Hows it going.... If you are located here in the states where about's? I am the Pro Dealer on the west coast and can help you with this issue. PM me and I can get a quick remote access to see what is going on. Most likely something very simple.

Cheers,

Rich RDE

hello everyone , 

i am the proud new owner of a G4+ plugin ECU on my 91 mr2 turbo. I noticed my idle is very rich. it stays this way even after warm up. my lambda target is set to .95 but the actual never leaves .67. Anyone have any tips on how to lower this. would i adjust my fuel table by trying -5 across the table? or is there a better way. i just want to clear up my idle so my neighbors stop complaining. i plan on getting it tuned by a reputable dealer here in the states. just want to drive it around the block and get it to idle better. Thanks for the help!

If the idle is rich once the engine is fully warmed up, then connect to the ECU with PCLink, press F12 to open the runtime values window, and go to the Fuel tab. Check if there are any fuel trims being applied including warm-up enrichment. If all are off then you can adjust you fuel table numbers in the idle area to correct the AFR.

Scott.

As far as making adjustments on my fuel table at idle, what's an adequate procedure for trimming down fuel? I was thinking -5% offset for my 800- 1000 rpm column for a starting point. Any better ideas? Thanks everyone