TPS Main 10V and 100% permanently

hspeck

Experienced rough idling last night, hook up the PCLink and realized that the TP (Main) reads 100% and the voltage is 10V.

I tried adjusting the TPS manually but there wee no changes. I removed the TPS and the readings were the same.

This morning I checked my TPS using a multimeter and it seems to be working fine. The voltage from the ECU is 0V, 0V, 5V to the TPS, which I assume is correct.

Any ideas why the ECU is registering a 10V and 100% throttle?

Thanks.

what happens when you depin the TPS wire from the ECU header?  Could be a fault in the loom

Does the 5V Out (V) field in Runtime Values > ECU Status also read 10V?

Edited by JMP

have not tried the to depin, might need to do a wire connectivity check. I am just wondering what is the chances of the loom having problem when it was working fine prior ...

The runtime values reads 10V and 100% throttle no matter what I do to the throttle sensor ...

Yes Scott. The fault settings are correct. 

Is there any ways to reset the TPS signal in the ecu? The ECU still shows 10v 100% even after i removed the input pin at the harness. Which i think is really weird.

My laptop is not with me at the moment, so I do not have the map.

It started when I realized that my TPS was not at 0% at idle.

TPS03.jpg

So I adjusted the TPS in the engine bay.

It was working well till a had a long fast run in the highway. And then it started to experience rough idle.

I'm sorry I could not upload any more files due to the restriction.

I checked using PCLink and realized the TP Main was at 100% during idle.

I tried to reconfigure the TPS but the problem persists.

You could try connecting the TPS back up to the analog volt channel, then setting the AN Volt channel to 'Voltage 0-5V'. If you then look at the AN Volt channel in the runtime values window of PCLink you will be able to see if the voltage coming from the TPS is varying with throttle movement. If it is not, try changing the connection to another AN Volt channel, if the problem still exists on the new AN Volt channel then the problem is external to the ECU. If the problem no longer exists then the ECU settings or hardware are causing the problem.

AM waiting for the TPS sensor to arrive.

I probed the sensor and am reading a very minimal millivolts regardless of how much I turn the sensor ...

and I realized the 10v I see is actually the Error Value when a fault is detected.

Will update once I changed the TPS.

Thanks.

Edited by hspeck

to put a closure to this thread...

I changed the tps, and all is well now.

although I had to change the tps Error low setting to 0v initially and re-set to 0.5v after it was confirmed that the readings were normal ...

thanks everyone for the input..