Knock Sensor Not Reading Correctly

Supremacy

Hi there,

I've recently installed a Link G4+ Storm into my 3SGE powered 1993 MR2. I have had it tuned and my tuner has mentioned to me that the factory knock sensor was giving out strange readings compared to his knock sensor.

I've since installed a new 2 wire sensor (instead of a single wire like the factory sensor), but once configured, it only shows a reading on Cylinder 1 as opposed to readings for 4 cylinders. I have followed setup procedure I found here in the forums but cannot get it to read all 4 cylinders.

Is my sensor faulty or could it be configuration?

Regards,

James

The knock sensor puts out a knock signal all of the time, so if it's only showing for 1 cylinder then it'll be something in your config.

If you post up your tune file here someone will steer you in the right direction.

Hi James,

David is right, it is most likely due to a setting in the base-map. Try checking Knock Control > Cyl Setup.

If you are still running distributed ignition then you will want all the Cyl X allocations to be on Cyl 1 ITrim Table, as the ECU only has the ignition 1 output to control.

Scott

Cyl Setup.PNG

Hi Scott, 

That'll be the  problem. I believe they are all set individually. 

I'm still running factory distribution ignition. 

I'll make the changes and see how I go over the weekend. 

Thanks, 

James 

Hi Scott,

Adjusted my trim tables as suggested. Still no luck. Should I only be seeing Cyl1 since I only use a single ignition out on distributor or should all 4 be shown?

Attached images show my knock setup.

Regards,

James

KnockSetup.png

CylSetup.png