Injection Timing

Fant

Hello,

I have connected my Storm ECU to an engine simulator and one ignition and fuel injector output to an oscilloscope.

Everytime I restart the "engine" the fuel injection timing is different (see attached file; red is ignition, blue is injector 1).

I have connected a different ECU (non-Link) to the simulator and there it works fine so the simulator is ok.

Injection Mode is Multi-Point Group and trigger is via a 36-1 multitooth crank wheel (no cam sensor).

Injection cycle is 1/2 Engine Cycle and INJ timing position is set to End of Injection with 400°BTDC.

Is there more to configure for a stable injection timing?

Regards, Fant

InjectionTiming.odt

Hi Fant,

On Grouped fuel injection modes there is no injector timing control. On Multi-Point Group injection the injectors are fired in two groups, and each group injects either once or twice per engine cycle depending on the 'Injection Rate' setting.

With scoping the injection timing, try comparing it to a signal that is not adjustable, like the crank signal.

Scott.

With scoping the injection timing, try comparing it to a signal that is not adjustable, like the crank signal.

Scott.

Hi Scott,

I already did this and it shows the same behaviour, of course.

When you say that this is normal, it is ok for me. I was just confused because it behaves differently on my non-Link ECU.

Fant