S15 64pin to work with KA24DE

Rich RDE

Hey guys,

So here in the US we are trying to experiment with the S15 ECU running a KA24DE turbo in a S13 chassis. The wiring for the ECU pin out for the Dual cam KA24DE harness is the same. We ended up swaping over the Coil and Igniter from the Dual cam. But the Internal disc is different. After connecting the ECU we were getting everything to work well and calibrate all the sensors except for the trigger 1. This picture shows that the Disc inside the CAS is different in the SR20 engine vs the KA24DE engine. I do know that when calibrating the CAS it will green light for both trigger 2 and ECCS. Any thoughts?

This would be huge as we could market this as a unite that would function for guys running dual cam KA24DE turbo cars who need standalone options! 

Cheers,

RichRDE

20140529_142512.jpg

Edited by Rich RDE

Hi Rich, 

So long as one of the slots on the inside ring is wider than the other slots on the inside ring our 'Nissan 360 Opto' mode should be able to work with the KA24DE disc. The other slots to do have to be the same width, just smaller than the biggest one. Looking at the photo you posted it appears one slot is wider than the others.

Can you record a PCLog file of you trying to do the calibration process?

Scott.

Scott,

I will get a PCLog of this tomorrow and let you know how things turn out. I thought that this was the case the the 360 optical but it was giving us some weird issues. I also want to check the ECCS Relay. The car seems to not want to turn off once turned on and then trying to shut off power. I need to look at some relays and see how the power is being switched here. Other than that. Seems as we may have this running a KA24de in the S-chassis lineup here shortly.

Rich

Ok everyone. We have confirmed KA24DE running on a Link PNP S15 system in a S13 chassis. These have become very popular over here in the States. People are turbocharging them and realizing that these dual cam engines can make some great power boosted. It is even better running a Standalone Unit with these to control the fueling equation in Speed Density VS swapping factory MAF's for bigger Nissan sibling MAF from say a Z32. We will have a build of this project posted soon hopefully on the website for you guys to take a look at. 

This just yet proves again that the Link Platform is absolutely amazing and versatile when even in factory PNP form. One engine to another in the same chassis utilizing the same ECU! What a plus for multiple people out there. Here in the US it is my goal to offer these findings and test these units with the proper setup procedures and base maps. Some things do need to be changed. But very minor. 

Thanks Link and the engineers for making such an awesome product!!!

Edited by Rich RDE

Hi Scott,

We found that the trigger wires for cam and crank need to swapped. We also found that the inputs and outputs need to change. They are not on the same pin location and just swapping around in the software and calibrating these makes it very easy. The ignition setup all needs to change as well unless using the SR20 COP system with the KA24de engine. We will post more shortly.

Rich

Sometimes it does take time to convince certain individuals. I sometimes have to approach them with the, " Please understand this will result in many shop trips to troubleshoot tuning hardware issues. I prefer peace of mind for both of us!" or "Sorry your tuning solution is not worth my reputation!". I prefer both and usually the second one gets them every time. LOL If you need any help feel free to email or PM me here. I will do my best to get back to you.

#LINKARMY