Lc-1 WB not same on gauge and link.

bent87

Hey.

I cant get the same readings on the gauge and link management.

I have manipulated analog 1 and 2 on LC-1 to read 0V-0,5L and 5V-1,523L.

Done the same in link g4+ but does not get the same readings...

Is this normal?

what to do?

Regards Bent Aasen

How is you gauge wired? You grounding through the ecu? Analog signal can be funny sometimes and getting the right ground and proper voltage is crucial. LC1 will definitely work with G4. Try using a CAL table to get the offset's dialed better.

Hi Bent,

In PCLink you can configure your AN Volt channel as 'Voltage 0-5V', this will allow you to monitor the actual voltage being supplied from the LC-1. To monitor the voltage press the F12 key to open the Runtime Values Window and take a look at the Analog tab.

Scott.

Hi. so now 

How is you gauge wired? You grounding through the ecu? Analog signal can be funny sometimes and getting the right ground and proper voltage is crucial. LC1 will definitely work with G4. Try using a CAL table to get the offset's dialed better.

LC-1 analog 1 to link and LC-1 analog 2 to gauge. no, not grounding trough ecu... 

Hi Bent,

In PCLink you can configure your AN Volt channel as 'Voltage 0-5V', this will allow you to monitor the actual voltage being supplied from the LC-1. To monitor the voltage press the F12 key to open the Runtime Values Window and take a look at the Analog tab.

Scott.

I can only se the lamda in F12

So I messuerd 4,95V out form an volt 4 on the Link without having the LC-1 connected. Is that normal. It is the same even if I turn on og off in the Link Engine Management.

where do you have the lc1 and gauge grounded?  it's really easy to get a ground offset between the LC1/Gauge and ECU, so you have to be very particular with the wiring.

when you connect the laptop directly to the LC1 via serial, does the reading match that of the ECU?

Here is a video in which I give an example of changing Lambda 1 to 'Voltage 0-5V'. You can then see how I open the runtime value window and look at the voltage on the AN Volt channel. Because you have gauge showing Lambda you can look at this and then write down the voltage for various Lambda values. You can then compare this to what the LC-1 data sheet says.

https://vdoubleyou-scott.tinytake.com/sf/ODMzMjkwXzM2NTcxOTY

Scott

After one relaxed weekend I found out of it.

SOLUTION: 

Under hook up I used pin 16 and pin 17 as they are to MAFS and MAFS ground to get IAT signal to ECU. To use pin 16 a jumper on J8 is sett to manipulate 5V out on pin 16. But I moved IAT signal to pin 15 so I can use AN temp 2 to IAT and free one ecu analog output. That I could used to WB. 

So as you understand it is not that easy to get 0-5V in when it are working against 5V out. So I just moved the jumper and wolla, Ecu got 0V out and everything was good. 
New it had to be something easy, since it worked fine with Apexi pfc.

QUESTION:
So the ecu on AN Temp can maipulate a 5V out as a resistor but not on AN volt? As I understand IAT need a resistor and that is where the 5V comes to play?

The Temp channels have a built in pull up resistor to 5V where as the AN volt inputs do not.

Given you mention the use of a jumper I assume you have a plugin unit which has a jumper to allow IAT in over a volt channel.

Edited by Simon