"Toyota Celica" MAP sensor type selection

Guest |129|

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on what model celica the "Toyota Celica" MAP sensor type selection refers to? I'm currently running a GM 3 bar sensor on a turbocharged low-boost 1zzfe and would like to run a Toyota Denso sensor on the engine and use the GM sensor on another higher boost setup. I have the following Denso pressure sensors spare: ST215 3sgte, JZS161 2jzgte and jza70 1jzgte. I'm hoping the celica selection will match up to the ST215 sensor so if anyone could confirm before I go changing the loom that would be great.

Thanks,

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a followup to this, the Caldina ST215 3sgte map sensor isn't compatible with the Toyota Celica map sensor selection.

I measured a few sensors I had laying around against the internal v44 sensor and put together a bit of a chart, the results are linear as expected apart from the two outer readings which deviate a little. I believe the ST215 sensor can read more than 250kpa but I'll need to hook up a TI 5bar sensor to go further on the chart.

What is the best way to setup a CAL so I can use the ST215 sensor with a V88? A table via Cal1 through 3 or just high and low values from Cal4 though 6?

Toyo_MAP.JPG