g4+ atom b16a coil on plug problem.

ericsiewkk

i have installed atom on obd1 b16a civic by wire in. car running fine on stock distributor ignition but we cannot get it running with individual coil on plug. it get back fire from intake sounds like wrong firing sequence.

i have checked every setting and make sure it is correct. what could possibly goes wrong?

ignition mode: direct spark
spark edge: falling

ignition coil used is honda k20a wired as follow.
ignition output 1 - cylinder 1
ignition output 2 - cylinder 2
ignition output 3 - cylinder 3
ignition output 4 - cylinder 4

Edited by ericsiewkk

What kind of cam/sync trigger do you have? is this set up correctly?

stock distributor as trigger. The car running fine on stock ignition. 

You may need to wire it as per firing order but you would need to confirm the wiring

wire as per firing order? I am following the wiring manual. Can anyone reconfirm?

wire as per firing order? I am following the wiring manual. Can anyone reconfirm?

No it should not be wired in firing order. 1>1, 2>2, etc as you already have it is correct.  You need to put a timing light on it now to check your trigger offset. The reason is before when it had a distributor the offset could be out by 180 or 360 deg and it would still run fine, now with COP it will only run when you have that setting correct.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, L8rb0l said:

Which sensors inside the distributor did you wire up as trigger and sync? And did you find the solution to your issue here?

This was 2 years ago so I should hope he's got it running by now.  If you want some help with your setup then it would probably be best to start a new thread so we get info more relevant to your problem.