new GDI ecu

supra

I would assume with the proper setup and using an aftermarket injector driver control unit. You could control 4 additional Hi-Z injectors. We will be testing this shortly on a newer BRZ setup. Hopefully this answered your question.

Hi Supra, 

The Force GDI ECU has 4 injector outputs, these would normally be used for the direct injection injectors. The ECU does not have any other dedicated fuel injector drives. Could you use some of the normal Aux Output channel set to GP PWM to control the port injectors? Possibly, but the control would be limited compared to how the injectors are normally controlled.

Scott

• 10 months later...

I would assume with the proper setup and using an aftermarket injector driver control unit. You could control 4 additional Hi-Z injectors. We will be testing this shortly on a newer BRZ setup. Hopefully this answered your question.

Im looking at using a fa20 from a BRZ in a project in the near future but I'm concerned with finding a ecu to run the direct injection and then the port injection. As I have seen you can really only do one or the other or run 2 ecus like a gdi and a atom together.....

Please any info would be great as I don't want to go down this path if there is no support for it

I remember reading that you had a BRZ that you were working with to do this? 

No.

If you don't have a car for reverse engineering would you be willing to use mine in conjuction with my builder SAS?

At the moment development time is allocated to existing projects and I dont think much will be happening on new plugin applications for sometime.   Your post above hinted that you only have an engine - do you have a whole car or just the engine?  

I have the complete engine, harness, ecu, manifolds, sensors everything. It has been pulled from a gt86 that is being repowered. I have used link ecu in the past in other Subaru applications and wanted use the fa20 because of the direct injection and the high compression. Because the vehicle I have as a base is light I felt it would be a good match but having a ecu that can do both the direct injection and port as well as the quad cam avcs is the challenging factor.