Boost Target Error Parameter and generic closed loop

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a boost target error parameter easily. Also, I am not an electrical or software engineer but I was wondering if it is at all possible to add closed loop functionality to the generic PWM outputs? I have a few projects in mind that could use such feedback.

Thanks guys!

Blaine Carmena

Carmena Performance

Edited by blaine@carmenaperformance

Just thought some more about it. Generally speaking an error parameter on any control circuit would be nice. Or why not add Math functions. This way, any parameter what you can think off can be realised by the user. For beginning basic for operations (+ - multiply, divide) would be okay. More advanced like integral, derivative, rate of change, averrage, summ, >, <, >=, =>, if, not, or, and, lower and upper bound, etc.  could be added. 

On top of that, the possibility to use own channels as an axis would give near infinite possibilities. 

Edited by mapper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another use for this would be to reduce fuel pressure at idle and cruise. I'm running 4bar fuel pressure to get enough fuel up top, but at idle I have difficulty getting a stable idle at lambda 1due to being in the  non linear area of the injector. At 3 bar idle it's more stable.

• 2 weeks later...

Another use for this would be to reduce fuel pressure at idle and cruise. I'm running 4bar fuel pressure to get enough fuel up top, but at idle I have difficulty getting a stable idle at lambda 1due to being in the  non linear area of the injector. At 3 bar idle it's more stable.

can you not just do this with a GP aux. Some old japanese cars have a valve to increase fuel pressure during hot start. This is controlled via an GP aux. If i remeber corectly the 300zx base map has applied this.

can you not just do this with a GP aux. Some old japanese cars have a valve to increase fuel pressure during hot start. This is controlled via an GP aux. If i remeber corectly the 300zx base map has applied this. 

I was after less pressure at idle so i can move out of the injector non linear range. I tried using a PWM 3D table. Using a large fuel pump means i cant use the current solid state relay as the output HZ is too low so i have to wait for another type before i can do more testing. 

I only noticed after i posted that there is a closed loop function under speed control.  I should be able to get what i want using that. 

Im not aware of how it possible to increase fuel pressure during hot restarts, unless they restrict the fuel return line. I was under the impression IAT and water temp corrections were used for hot restarts.   

Edited by Ducie54

On 9.10.2016 at 12:16 AM, Ducie54 said:

If you ar happy just with a proportional control you could simply span PWM table differential fuel pressure vs rpm or injector DC. Set DC lower when pressure is to high for your rpm (or IDC point) and higher when it's to low. With a little testing you should get good results. 

Regarding pressure valve. It switches the pressure source for fuel pressure regulator  to atmosphare during hot start. I'don't can think of why they just haven't increased InjectorDC?!

• 1 year later...