Adjustable launch control

PJM

Is there a way we can do adjustable launch control using a potentiometer? 

I have done a similar thing with HKS ecu's in the past where I can have an adjustable rev limit only under launch conditions.

There are quite a few ways to do this but this would be my suggestion.  Your pot will be connected to an analog input.  Set the Analog input function to "Voltage 0.5V", name it something like "Launch Pot".

Set the launch mode to "3D Launch RPM table".  Put your Launch pot analog channel on one axis of the table (values should span 0-5) and usually non driven wheel speed on the other axis. My rough example below would allow your pot to adjust initial launch RPM from 3000 to 5500RPM.

Launch_table.png

Edited by Adamw
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Very good idea!!, there is no way to know the launch value assigned at the datalog, I can log the voltaje of the AN7, but not the rpm value that that meas... is that correct?

I guess the only way is to put and analog potenciomenter with marks to aproximate the rpm it will deliver...

Log the value of the AN volt directly with the RPM. You can then manually load the car to that voltage while not moving and measure the travel. Then do your calculations. So if at 3.4v you are at 2 in. of travel @5500 rpm and you would want to see more RPM and Wheel Speed. You can adjust the table from there knowing what your travel is.

The value will change as you launch. So at static (AN Volt) height. You will have X RPM. Then as the AN Volt changes. You can adjust wheel speed and RPM to suit your needs. The wheel speed can be adjusted in the Axis setup. So you can really tweak this. It is going to take some time to log and see where everything needs to be to correctly set this up. Seems like a decent way to go. Interested to see the results.

Very good idea!!, there is no way to know the launch value assigned at the datalog, I can log the voltaje of the AN7, but not the rpm value that that meas... is that correct?

I guess the only way is to put and analog potenciomenter with marks to aproximate the rpm it will deliver...

Alex, instead of setting the Analog input up as "Voltage 0-5V" as I did in the example above, you could set it up as "GP Input", label it "Launch RPM" and assign a Cal table.  Your cal table will be Voltage vs RPM.  You can then set up your LC table with "Launch RPM" on one axis (instead of voltage).  Your analog input should now be logged as RPM instead of voltage.  I can post some screenshots later if you cant work it out from these instructions.