2jz idle

Nburns

It sounds like you getting a lot of air in after the throttle plate.  Look at the mechanicals first as the only time I've seen something similar was when someone had fitted a greddy intake to an SR20 and never blocked the spare ports.

Actually I know for sure (at least on the JDM 2JZ's that we see down here in NZ) the stepper can bypass enough air to get over 4000RPM, so I wouldnt yet rule out that it could be IAC settings.  If you are using closed loop, switch to open loop and play around (or zero out) with base position table to see if it has any effect.  On some 2JZ you have to set motor direction to reversed.

Set all the step tables to zero - AC step, startup step, power steer, park/neutral, etc.  I have reported to link a few months ago that some of these "adjustment steps" invoke by themselves without even a DI assigned to them so there may be some odd bugs in this feature.

Turns out the throttle body ( GM 102mm electronic) wants to sit at 22%. It looks like 22% is it neutral point.   

When you say electronic do you mean an e-throttle body? If yes then this will do your idle control and the stepper motor will not be required. Once properly setup an E-throttle body should be able to be controlled from 0 to 100% opening.

Scott