Ez30 with storm

BURGESS.DJ

Just want to check up on something

Have wired up.injectors    set to multipoint grouped     outputs 1-4 selected      

Firing order is 163254

So I have wired them    inj1 cyl1 and 2  inj2 cylinder 6 and 5  inj3 cylinder 3 and 4  is this correct      

Also when I select multipoint group I don't get an option to select 1-3 outputs only 1-2 or 1-4 1-6   1-8   I was hoping to run    the 4th inj output for the cam switched option because I have a v6 commodore throttle body with stepper motor   when I originally set this up it allowed me to set it as cam switched    now inj4 is locked as injection 

Is this set up right and can I do anything about  inj 4 ?

When running multi-group injection the injectors fire in two groups. Normally the odd numbered injector drives get wired to the odd numbered cylinder's injectors, and the even numbered injector drives get wired to the even numbered cylinder's injectors.

So on your G4 Blue storm inj 1 and 3 would get wired to injectors for cylinders 1, 3 and 5.

Inj 2 and 4 would get wired to injectors for cylinders 2, 4 and 6.

Each injector drive can supply up to 5 amps of current, if your injectors are of sufficient impedance then you could run 3 injectors on injector drive 1, and 3 injectors on injector drive 2. This would then leave you injector drives 3 and 4 for other functions.

Scott.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys     

Have the engine all started running and tuned at cruise wot etc etc

I have a commodore 3.6 4 wire stepper wired into it for idle control  and so far it's been working okay for idle my motor has a light flywheel and whenever I come to a sudden halt or even clutch in when rolling  the revs will drop and the motor will stall before the idle control can catch it   unless I let clutch out to get the.motor to turn enough to kick it over again and it will idle at the target idle no problem

What should I be looking at to fix this  as it happens even with a free Rev  and it's getting really annoying      do you have any base settings I should try to correct this and also a wiring diagram to check wiring     I have wired it as per your ls1 stepper diagram on Aux5-8   

making the base table number smaller makes idle increase  

Unsure on clamp.settings either but they seemed to.work so I just left it and the idle resets perfect everything for starting

Thanks 

Make sure you are on latest firmware or at least 5.6.2 as this has a fix for stepper idle control. There are also some extra settings to help with what you are seeing. Also make sure the motor will idle (lower than normal) with the stepper blocked off. 

Also check that stepper is operating in correct direction bigger base numbers should give lower idle.

I am on the latest g4 firmware from the website  yes idles lower and the    direction is correct :s

Have got it a bit better winding the throttle open and adjusting target and base numbers to suit    but still stalls    also on start up after sitting it will review up to 2000 and immediately drop start back and stalls  

Woops fell in to the G4 not G4+ trap you can not worry about the 5.6.2 firmware bit.

The really important bit to remember is most engines will idle without any idle control once set and tuned correctly.

Idle control is there to allow for changes in engine load and for faster idle during warmup. So provided the engine is warm and there is no changes to engine load (AC, Power steering, engine fans, lights etc) engine should idle fine just on the throttle opening.

A copy of the MAP, and a PC log of all parameters will let us know more of what is going on

Edited by Simon