Table Allocation

dvsu12

Hi all,

Looking at the Fury for my circuit car, however before I buy, I have been mucking around with the PC Link software and I am maxing out the Table Allocation. I have turned off items that I don't require (i.e. VVT control - doesn't register though and allow those 2 tables to be reallocated).

Is there any scope to increase Table Allocation to greater than 30 in a future firmware release? Otherwise I may have to strike the Fury off my list and look at something like Emtron KV8 (which would be overkill on my turbo KA24E).

Cheers!

From my basic electronics understanding I suspect that tables soak up a lot of memory resources within the processor so the limitation is probably hardware.

However, I have done some fairly serious circuit cars and can say I have never got anywhere near the limitation of table allocations, so perhaps there are more "efficient" ways to achieve the strategies you are trying to do?  Can you explain more what you are trying to do or perhaps list all of the features/functions you want - maybe post a dummy map? 

It does depend on your requirements. Our previous generation of ECU only had 12 general purpose tables, and this was a limitation that tuners could certainly run into. However since the amount of general purpose tables went up to 30 on the current ECU series I think I've only ever had 1 person complain about there not being enough.

Scott.

Dave - correct. Turned off VVT for both intake and exhaust, and even zero'd out the tables, table allocaton remains the same and does not change to "OFF". This was using the Fury sample file provided with PC Link.

Adam / Scott, appreciate the feedback.Have since further refined my requirements (no need for 4 or 5D fuel tables, switched off knock i-trim etc) and have at least 6 tables spare. Another 2 on top of that if having VVT switched off frees up those tables.

Looks like the Fury will do the job nicely!

Dave - correct. Turned off VVT for both intake and exhaust, and even zero'd out the tables, table allocaton remains the same and does not change to "OFF". This was using the Fury sample file provided with PC Link.

If you go to your Auxiliary Outputs on the Fury sample you'll see Aux 1 and Aux 2 are set to VVT Cam Solenoid, turning these to OFF should allow those tables to be reallocated.

Tables aren't allocated until VVT is turned on and there is a VVT Cam Solenoid pin assigned. Therefore tables aren't 'deallocated' until VVT is turned off, and the pin is unassigned.

Hope this helps!

Edited by EngineeringDave

Dave - thanks, that's what I missed originally.

Steve - the engine it'd be going on doesn'thave any knock sensing currently, so I'd be happy with a basic system where knock detected = pulls a set amount of timing.

AFAIK, the knock i-trim tables don't function anyway if you're using wasted spark or even single coil and distributor.

The knock system is able to use as many trim tables as you have ECU ignition drives being used. So for a single distributed setup this is one trim table. For a V8 direct spark setup this is eight trim tables. For a 4 cylinder wasted spark setup this is two trim tables. You can also use less trim tables if desired.

Scott.