LS1/LQ9 first setup

blink977

for injection, group fire staged, right?

No, staged would be for when you have primary and secondary injectors.

For a V8 with a Atom you can use either "Multi-point Group" mode (4 injectors will be fired at a time) or "Sequential" mode (actually will be semi-sequential on a V8) which might work a little better.  With Semi-sequential you have 2 injectors fired together - normally adjacent cylinders in the firing order so these can be timed better with valve opening etc.

What about wiring? I mean which injectors to pair for sequental mode? I assume, if firing order is 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3, then ijectors are wired same way: inj 1-8 to channel1 and so on

From the help file:

Capture.png

Your firing order is different but just follow the pattern.  i.e Drive #1 goes to cyl 1 & 4, Drive#2 goes to cyl 8 & 3 etc. 

Edited by Adamw
Added example

Actually, just looking closer at this, I reckon the 1UZFE example above taken from the help is incorrect.  I just timed this out on a chart and there is no sense in the way it is shown.  So I think they have the pairs correct but 3rd and 4th drivers are swapped around. 

So for your LSX, with firing order 1,8,7,2,6,5,4,3, I reckon do it like this;

Inj# 1 = Cyl 1&4

Inj# 2 = Cyl 8&3

Inj# 3 = Cyl 7&6

Inj# 4 = Cyl 2&5

Hi - I have just set up a v8 to run semi sequential using an Atom G4+ . My engine runs a dizzy but i assume with a LS engine you are running wasted spark as the atom only has 4 ignition drives . Im new to this so im just saying how i set mine up . My firing order is 18436572 .  But i have entered it as 15263748 as the ecu will recognise the 1-2-3-4 only' the injectors are fired evenly . And so i have paired 1-8    4-3    6-5    7-2 . to injector drives 1 2 3 4 .  Make sense so far ? . As for the spark my distributor determines the actual firing sequence . If you are using 4 dual coils - set them up to suit your firing order . Hope this helps . I have only set this up on a test engine on a stand and im currently fitting this to my car at the moment . The engine started well and idled better as compared to group fire but i have not as yet road tested it so you will have to take this as just an idea i guess - either way good luck .

So just to add a bit more - Looking at your firing order if you entered it like it really is i think you end up with an  oddly timed and fired injection sequence . To my thinking- if you enter a firing order to give you evenly fired injectors you just have to keep track of that so you dont trip yourself up when pairing injectors and coils . 

These are some thing you might consider:

• Install a wideband O2 sensor so you can keep an eye on the AFR/Lambda.
  • Set up some engine limits based upon engine speed. You could also do one based on oil pressure if you have an oil pressure sensor or switch wired to the ECU.
  • Keep an eye on ECT at all times and be very conservative with the ignition angles you apply.

Scott.

Is that the 'Maximum Advance'? Maybe post a picture of your ignition table. You can monitor the current ignition angle being applied by looking at the Ignition tab of the Runtime Values Window.

Have you set the engines base timing using a timing light?

Scott

here's screens of ignition and fuel. for the first time we had to start engine with MAP disconnected, because we are using mercedes sensor, it needs calibration yet. we are at sea level and it shows 160kpa, instead of 101. but i was not able to calibrate MAP with engine off, does it requiers engine running for calibration?

6.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Edited by blink977

MAP sensor will need to be calibrated with engine not running. Given it is reading 120 with engine not running indicates you have not configured the sensor correctly.

You will need to use a custom cal for the sensor as we do not have any Mercedes sensors in the drop down. You need to measure the voltage from the sensor at two pressure points.

Point A 1V = 50kPa

Point B 4V = 100kPa  

Once the map is reading within 5kPa you can then do a map sensor calibration that will align it with the reading from the Baro sensor.

I would highly suggest getting a tuner to go through a initial set up for you. There are a bunch of guys out there that can help.

Another option would be to take the HPA courses to learn for yourself what is needed. https://www.hpacademy.com/