12 tooth trigger disc

dp_tech

If you want to go down the aftermarket trigger disc route you would be better off going 36-1 minimum or 60-2

12 tooth wheel will work fine and give better info back to the ecu than stock but i believe you would be better going 36-1.

On another note what is the spec of the car and what is it used for?

The stock trigger has been proven to work well on high power applications even on the stock ecu.

The specs are simple, stock turbo, cams, exhaust & intake, etc.The trigger 36-1 is the better of course, but for the simple modification with 12 tooth I  just need to replace the trigger disk only. If this improves the accuracy - why not, even on a stock turbo.

Regards

Pavlo 

It all depends what you want to achieve. As iv said the stock trigger system has seen good hp but alot happens in between timing marks. Yes the ecu will receive more information back from the disc than it would from the stock disc.

If you plan on a big hp build then add your trigger disc in now and tune to suit. 

If you plan on only keeping it around stage 1 up to around 400hp i wouldnt bother adding the trigger disc and run the OEM trigger pattern