SR20DET safe map

Reece13

Hi all, I have recently converted my s13 from a ca18det to an s15 sr20det and have had my link atom g4 off my old motor wired in to the new one. I have the base map for an sr20det vct uploaded to the ecu which was included with the software so I am wondering, is it safe to drive the car around before I get a tune? I need to organise to get my exhaust brackets modified before my tune and figured it would be easier to drive my car to a place since theres one around 10 minutes from my house. Engine mods are fairly stock besides an aftermarket turbo (running stock psi), exhaust, intercooler etc. I have calibrated the map sensor and will be going over to make sure all the outputs and what not are correct with how the ecu was wired in. 

Hi Reece,

There is some risk in driving an engine that has not been tuned. In the end that is your call. Checking the inputs and outputs is a good idea. Also you would want some way to monitor the lambda reading. Make sure the engine cooling system is working correctly.

Scott.