Loss of knock sensor reading, happened 1 time only, fluke?

PitBull

I had a weird thing happen two days ago.  When I got home from work and took a look at my logs, there was very little signal registered from the knock sensor.  As in, the values from all 4 cylinders were mostly 0 with occasional blips of maybe 10.  The entire log shows this from when the engine was first started until I got home -- about a 25 minute drive.  So it's not like it happened in the middle or was intermittent.  I thought maybe my knock sensor died, but I have since driven the car numerous times and logged the ECU and the knock signal has been normal.

It makes wonder if it was a firmware glitch and rebooting the ECU cleared it up.

I've been running the Link Storm for almost a year now and I do PC data logging just about every time I drive the car and I've never seen this happen before.  Recently I did turn on ECU logging for the first time (about a day before this happened), though I still have it turned on now and everything seems fine.  I also started using two Virtual Aux outputs and a Timer about two days before this happened.  Those are the only recent functional changes I've made, though I make small tweaks here and there regularly.

Thanks

PB

It seems like it would be related to one of the changes you made, even though they have nothing to do with knock. After making the changes, how many times did the ECU have the power to it switched on and then back off before your log with low knock values?

Scott.

I'm pretty sure I had power-cycled the car/ECU two or three times between turning on those features and experiencing this phenomenon.  I'd also add that both the ECU downloaded log and the PC datalog showed the same missing knock data. 

I'll post if it does it again.  So far it's been fine...

Thanks