Obd2 Bluetooth Reader and Torque App?

Hyperblade

I dont use it now (neither link ecu or obd2 over bluetooth) but have had it in the past. I was happy with it for what it was. I used it for when i needed to watch some data live for some reason and didnt have my laptop with me. Just flipped up the phone and launched an app. 

What are you planning? Thinking of replacing the entire dash or just want to use it for "gauges"? 

1 hour ago, Steve said:

On 3/6/2019 at 11:22 AM, Steve said:

Steve i want just so i can see some info:

Afr

Oil/air temp

Oil pressure (is this even possible?)

Boost

That should be enough for me.

I guess no need to be lightning fast because the ecu should be way Faster than the driver and put the car on safe mod before i even check.

If i remember correctly you cant see oil pressure as its not really an obd2 pid. 

But if you set up a good safety around oilpressure in the ecu you are golden anyways. 

Sounds like this should work out for you. 

Btw its much faster than the cheap ebay adaptors out there. 

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

If i remember correctly you cant see oil pressure as its not really an obd2 pid. 

But if you set up a good safety around oilpressure in the ecu you are golden anyways. 

You are refering to the mx+ right?

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 8:16 AM, Steve said:

I have oil pressure running in torque pro from a generation 3 LS1 factory ECU, other aftermarket ECU's have this available

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Keeping this post alive with what appears to be similar issues to what has been described earlier.

I'm trying to connect to a Kiwi3 ODB2 bluetooth adapter connected to a G4+ Monsoon with the Torque (Lite) Android app.  I have successfully used the Kiwi3 adapter and the Torque (Lite) application with another car so believe the issue lies somewhere with the way the OBD2 connection is setup between the adapter and the Monsoon ECU.  I can see the adapter as a bluetooth device but the app will not connect (i.e correct connection protocol not found).  I have tried with the ignition on as well as  the engine running.  I have also performed a firmware update on the Kiwi3 as mentioned in this forum post.

I have attached the CAN setup image from the ECU and the Runtime Values for CAN 1 but am wondering if there is anything else I can change to help fix/diagnose this?  The USB connectivity is all in car so not a very long run from the ECU to the OBD2 adapter.

Cheers.

can2.PNG

can.PNG

8 hours ago, g3n3ral.l33 said:

The USB connectivity is all in car so not a very long run from the ECU to the OBD2 adapter.

Can you explain what you mean by this comment?  Have you wired an OBD2 socket to the CAN 1 pins on the ECU?

Do you have a termination resistor at the OBD2 socket?

Have you tried 250K/bit/s and any other OBD2 apps?

Have you tried swapping the CAN H/L wires?

No luck. I tried:

500K/bit/s ignition on

500K/bit/s engine on

250K/bit/s ignition on

250K/bit/s engine on

with Torque (lite), Track Addict, ScanMaster, Car Scanner, InCarDoc Free, and OBDLink

I'll talk to my installer re the hardware setup.  I did notice that the RunTime Values for CAN1 only showed errors when the engine was running not when the ignition only was on (not sure if that means anything).  Acknowledge Error was showing too in addition to the errors posted in the image previously.

Cheers.

I think you need to check the wiring again.  I cant reproduce the "transmit errors" like your screenshot above shows, even if I wire the CAN H/L backwards I only get receive errors.

Below Im using a Kiwi 1 and Torque lite set with all the default settings  Im using CAN 2 only because I already had an adapter made up.  

9d3I29V.png

ZQQuY3p.png

AKwRJ3I.png

• 1 year later...