RPM/Rev limit settings HELP!

Jo LeForce

I need to set the RPM limit so it produces bangs/flames when hitting the limit as I've seen it done on many Drift competition cars. I thought that a simple switch from fuel to ignition cut plus maximizing the retard trim to -15 would do it, but it still sounded a like normal rev limit!

I'd appreciate your tips

I need to set the RPM limit so it produces bangs/flames when hitting the limit as I've seen it done on many Drift competition cars. I thought that a simple switch from fuel to ignition cut plus maximizing the retard trim to -15 would do it, but it still sounded a like normal rev limit!

I'd appreciate your tips

With doing this there is a risk of engine or exhaust system damage. However I understand for some people it is about the show rather than the go, and in the end if the customer is understanding of the risks and willing to pay then it can be worth doing. Generally what you want to do is cut some ignition events, retard the rest of the ignition events, and enrich the fueling so that it burns in the exhaust system.

You can do this using a combination of the Engine Protection/Limiters and also with 4D fuel and ignition tables.

Scott