BMW M54 Trigger no active

Tee Thailand

I have M54 (BMW E46) install Link G4 ATOM

But Trig1 and Trig2 no active (Engine speed RPM no active)

I'm set up trigger

trigger mode : MultiTooth / Missing

Trigger 1 type : Optical
Pullup : off
Edge : Faling
Tooth count : 60
Missing : 2

Trigger 2 type : Optical
pullup : off
Edge : Rising
Sync Mode : None / Cam Pulse and Cam Level I'm all select but also no active.

Please help me for setup
Thank you.

14522277_1705648809752935_1044449965_o_z

Is the Atom installed as the only ECU, or is it installed as a piggy back ECU?

Because the Atom only has 4 ignition and 4 injection outputs, but the M54 is a 6 cylinder engine I'm assuming that you are doing wasted spark ignition and multi-point group fuel. Is this correct? If yes then the only gain in using trigger two would be for VANOS control, which the Atom does not do. So you are best to set Trig 2 Sync to OFF.

For Trig 1, the sensor is definitely a hall sensor? Have you tried with the pullup resistor ON and OFF?

Scott

Power Bank Shop,

How do you have the sensors wired?  They will need a sensor power, sensor ground, and the signal out to ecu.

Another thing to keep in mind (Hall sensors or optical which act as hall) is that the Atom does not have the +8V regulated output that you would normally use for the Hall/optical sensor power.

I know that GM uses the unregulated +12-14V for hall sensors and I have used it on many Japanese hall/optical sensors with no issues.

I notice you have the pullup's turned off.  Most hall sensors are open collector type and will need the pull up turned on.  So assuming this is wired standalone and you are not running this piggy backed with the stock ecu then this is the first thing I would try.