Audi A3 8L Quattro 1.8T GTX3071R

Panos

Hello, I would like to ask if someone has used a link G4 storm ECU on a 20v engine with the following specs

Forged conrods / pistons stock diameter

GTX3071R / 0.63 TiAL

MVS 44 external

Deka 870cc injectors

4bar intank VDO + Bosch 044 exterbak fuelpump

Mac boost control solenoid

---

If so, do you have any recomendations or corrections to the above setup as it is currently put together?

Also, in order to use the instruments cluster I will drive them off the CAN output from the Link ECU?

The car has stripped interior and will only use A/C due to the climate in Greece. 

BR

Panos

Hi Panos,

I recommend using the base-map from our Audi 1.8T plug-in ECU as a starting point. You will need to enter the deadtimes for your 870cc injectors and reduce the master fuel number so that the AFR/Lambda is close to where you want it to be. You can then tune the tables. Our Audi 1.8T plug-in ECU is intended for 1.8T e-throttle engines, but the Storm ECU does not have the e-throttle hardware.

No problem to use the Audi CAN mode, it will already be on in the base-map.

Scott.

@quattro5v, the chassis is a 2001 A3 8L quattro, the engine is a 1999 AQA 20v. It has been rebuilt with forged rods, Mahle motorsport pistons, ferrea valves and arp bolts. The wiring loom of the interior is a 1999 pre facelift, and will only be used for the cluser and A/C. The wiring loom of the engine is a AUM for 2000 km initial roll, which will be done using the 317cc injectors in no boost 0- 2000 rpm, and then a Link G4 Storm with a new loom that i have made. My concern is how will I be able to use the instrument clusters as they need some sensor inputs directly from sensors that I connect to the Link ECU.

@Scott, thank you for the answer!

The car will only host 2 seats, the dash and door panels. Everything else is gone :-)

The ABS controller sends the 4 wheel speeds onto the CAN bus, so it is worth keeping this if possible as there are multiple uses for this in the ECU (Traction control [not on Storm], launch control, logging, etc).

Scott.

Edited by Scott
misleading.

Its going to depend on the CAN signals and if they happen to match those used in the TT.

If the layout of the data is the same then you will likely be able to replace the stock ecu totally.

If not then retaining stock ecu and doing a piggy back might be easier.

Historically Audi seem to have kept things similar. 

My guess would be that the wheel speed data being sent out from the ABS module will match the Audi CAN mode in our ECUs. All the 1.8T vehicles (four of them) I've used had the wheel speed data in the same place on the CAN bus, and even the Mk5 Golf GTI has the wheel speed data in the same place.

Scott