check my pcl, need help

artfuldodger613

i have a 2jzgte vvti singled with link g4+ xtreme.

when i reach 5800+rpm my reading sometimes jumps to 10,000+rpm for a split second.

There are NO experienced tuners locally for LINK. Id like to figure this out before going back to a tuner.

I notice that my (ign angler) drops significantly when my rpm reaches 6100rpm. I have other loggings where the rpm spikes to 10,000+rpm

Log 2016-06-22 8;37;41 pm.llg

trigger3.jpg

Trigger Scope.jpg

trigger2.jpg

Log 2016-06-22 8;46;55 pm.llg

Edited by artfuldodger613
added new pcl view

Yes, having the base-map would be helpful.

One thing I noticed between your low speed and high speed trigger scope images is that on Trigger 1 the lower edge of the tooth after the gap seems to be moving up towards the zero volts line. If this trend continues then the ECU will not count the tooth.

Scott.

Thanks for the quick replies guys...

I have also added a run i just did today. I have installed a 350z 6speed trans into my lexus is300.

The new file is with the new trans. Car runs a little worse now. I only had a base map created and 30mins on the dyno since installing the link. I KNOW it def needs work...

I have not wired in my wideband as of yet... Can i feed the link with the o2 sensor that is oem for the 2jzgte vvti?

I ask this because i still have this o2 in the piping from running the car on stock ecu... This would be easiest for me but i realize i will need to wire up the wideband eventually. Thanks a million  guys

Seans PCL File.pclr

Log 2016-10-11 7;26;40 pm.llg

Thanks for the base-map and log file. I can't see any problems with the engine speed or trigger inputs in this log file. I did notice in the Trig 2 Arming Threshold Table that the 4000 and 5000 rpm cells may need some attention. You should use the ECUs TriggerScope to determine what the peak positive voltage is, and then set the cells to half this value.

The G4+ Xtreme Black ECU does not have an onboard wideband O2 controller, so if the factory O2 sensor is a wideband one you will not be able to wire it direct to the ECU. However, if the factory O2 sensor is a narrowband type sensor you can wire it direct to one of the ECUs An Volt channels. The narrowband sensors are of fairly limited use though.

Scott

I don't have much to add on top of what Scott has already said, but I did want to point out just in case you did not know - your main ignition table (also lambda target table to less extent) is pretty extreme above 180Kpa, you will likely break the engine if you leave it like that and run into those cells...

• 5 weeks later...

I am taking it to a tuner next Thursday. I have since worked out most of the bugs. 

I do however have a strange issue. When I rev the engine past 2500rpm under the hood I can hear my vvti solenoid TICKING quite loudly actually. You can feel it to the touch right through the vvti solenoid housing. I have it unplugged and the sound goes away. Is this the tune or is the sensor buggered? I'd love to know before I bring it to the tuners. It's the cost of a hotel 4.5 hour drive each way and a missed day of work... I don't want to waste my time with any issues...

thanks in advance guys !!!

I am taking it to a tuner next Thursday. I have since worked out most of the bugs. 

I do however have a strange issue. When I rev the engine past 2500rpm under the hood I can hear my vvti solenoid TICKING quite loudly actually. You can feel it to the touch right through the vvti solenoid housing. I have it unplugged and the sound goes away. Is this the tune or is the sensor buggered? I'd love to know before I bring it to the tuners. It's the cost of a hotel 4.5 hour drive each way and a missed day of work... I don't want to waste my time with any issues...

thanks in advance guys !!!

Frequency on your VVti solenoid is only 20hz.

Go to Aux 1(where you have the vvti solenoid) and raise the frequency from 20 to something around 250Hz.

Good Luck

Brad