Throttle blip input from DBW

Crispin

I want to change to a drive by wire throttle body but can't until the ECU can accept a throttle blip input for when I'm downshifting with my seq. gearbox.

I'm using an external Gearbox Control Unit for the paddle shift. Today I'm using a pneumatic blipper on the throttle wire activated from the GCU. If the ECU would accept a signal to blip the DBW the GCU could instead initiate this signal to the ECU.

Ideally in the software is should be a target TP% or target rpm spanned per gear.

I haven't thought this scenario through completely since I don't have much experience when a GCU is added into the mix, but under "gear shift control" couldn't you just assign a DI to "Down shift", set the shift start and end modes to DI,  then use the "overrun downshift throttle trim"?

Edited by Adamw
typo

Another option is to have dual throttle tables. These can be switched based on a digital input which can be triggered from the same out put as the pneumatic blipper  was.

The table axis is adjustable so should be able to be setup to suit