Narrow band OEM Lambda setup Subaru

Warchild

Me gain :)

For the OEM standard Narrow band Lambda sensor on the Subaru, what are the configurations to get the correct reading from it ? I have tried but I get the incorrect reading from it :(

on AN Volt 4 I have the "NB Oxy" which I changed to "Lambda 1" to try and fix it, was better it seems.

When I selected Lambda 1, I played with the Calibration and the ANV4 error Volt settings, but to no avail.

Under Aux8 I have the Heater for the narrow band sensor configured, to work between 500 rpm and 5500 rpm as it was.

When you say "correct reading", what information do you want to display?  Normally in PC link a NB sensor is set up only to display voltage - since the only info the ecu needs to know from it is whether it is above or below the CLL dither voltage setpoint.

When you say "correct reading", what information do you want to display?  Normally in PC link a NB sensor is set up only to display voltage - since the only info the ecu needs to know from it is whether it is above or below the CLL dither voltage setpoint.

There is a wideband sensor gauge in the car which will be connected later as well. SO for now I want the stock narrow band sensor readings, example, on idle, afr is 14.7, but the narrow band sensor reading is like 10 afr.

Warchild,

I can tell you from tons of experience with the Subaru platforms that you will not want to use the factory "A/F sensor" to tune the engine.

As Scott said, they are not super accurate any where except for 14.7:1 AFR.

But with all the experience that I have with them, they are actually better than most OEM sensors.  They will read pretty accurate down to about 12.5:1 AFR.  Just about anything richer than that and it will just peg out at 11.14:1.

If you have any common sensor I would highly recommend a quality wideband set up.  Anything in the realm of an AEM UEGO, Innovative, Link CANLambda, Motec LTC, Ecotrons ALM.

Hope this helps.

Brad

Warchild,

I can tell you from tons of experience with the Subaru platforms that you will not want to use the factory "A/F sensor" to tune the engine.

As Scott said, they are not super accurate any where except for 14.7:1 AFR.

But with all the experience that I have with them, they are actually better than most OEM sensors.  They will read pretty accurate down to about 12.5:1 AFR.  Just about anything richer than that and it will just peg out at 11.14:1.

If you have any common sensor I would highly recommend a quality wideband set up.  Anything in the realm of an AEM UEGO, Innovative, Link CANLambda, Motec LTC, Ecotrons ALM.

Hope this helps.

Brad

Hi bud !

I agree with you 100% on everything. We tune all cars with a proper wideband setup. I was just asking to get the Closed loop scaled in so when logging etc under closed loop conditions, we would get the correct readings. Once time permits, we will hook up the Innovate LC1 system that is built into the car to the Link Ecu for proper readings etc.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hi-jack the thread - Surely having a Wideband sensor ONLY post turbo on a Subaru, one would get very delayed AFR readings?

I know the OEM Narrowband sensor on a Subaru sits pre-turbo for faster readings (especially at low exhaust flow speeds).  I dont think the typical LSU4.9 wideband sensors can handle the extreme heat post turbo?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread - Surely having a Wideband sensor ONLY post turbo on a Subaru, one would get very delayed AFR readings?

I know the OEM Narrowband sensor on a Subaru sits pre-turbo for faster readings (especially at low exhaust flow speeds).  I dont think the typical LSU4.9 wideband sensors can handle the extreme heat post turbo?

I believe you meant pre turbo right?

And it is a combination of heat and pressure that a typical wibeband wont like pre turbo.