7k cut off g4+ plug in, cas issues

milton r33

r33 gtst series2 g4+ plug in cas issue I have a rb26 head on an rb25 we are trying to make snowy mountains 1000 next week

we cant rev it past 7000rpm there is timing scatter and JEM ingulburn pluged  in a haltech and could rev it to 8500rpm no issues

how can I resolve this issue with the link g4+ plus plug in

we tried new cas ,new coil pack harness , more earth straps and still it got worse could there be a way to locate the issue

the car is built for street track and drags

iv purchased the AEM cas disk with 24 tooth as well but haven't tried it yet, but also could u help me with setting it up is it multi tooth missing ?

I have a log file and the file with the ecu settings  can u helo we are trying to make snowy mountains 1000 next week

Nissan R33 GTSt Milton 7k cut off.llg

Nissan settings R33 GTSt milton 7k cutout.pclr

Edited by milton r33

The best and only way I personaly recoment to fix this is with a crankfitted triggerwheel.

However time is of the essense in your case.

You should install that AEM disk in the cas and you will be good. You will still have timingscatter in real life but your ecu will not notice it so much causing it to hit the RPM limiter (your limiter is set to 9000 and the rpm spikes goes higher that that) and also will likely fix the trigger errors you get at that area. This will be your quick fix. You set it up as multi thooth in the trigger 1 settings and camx1 in the trigger 2 settings.

You could also, just to try it out, set the low res mode to on in your triggersettings.

But again. Real cranktrigger is your only real solution. This also applies to the Haltech...

Hi milton  it is a cas problem you are seeing  have had it happen many many times the some times it is caused by timing belt whip and may not be directly a cas fault  the link is sensitive to trigger isues at times on rb engines also make sure you have 12volt going to the cas at least,   we have in the past i have fitted a triggger kit from nzwiring on my customers cars with great success also have you tuned the ignition map as retarded timin under boost can also cause the top end rpm to unstable  25 years of tuning rb engines trust me

Edited by dobsondynotune

Thank you steve

also the old settings are for the tooth is 36  then 2  I will replace this with 24 then 4 ? and should we up the rpm limit a touch?

I will post this on face book to prove that the link ecu is a well re find computer :)

No the new (with AEM disk in cas) setup will be a 24 + 1 setup.

What do you meen 36 then 2? The stock cas got 360 small slots and 6 bigger ones?

Not entierly sure i get your question...

D

oh well I took alook at the settings in trigger  and it shows 36 teeth

No the new (with AEM disk in cas) setup will be a 24 + 1 setup.

What do you meen 36 then 2? The stock cas got 360 small slots and 6 bigger ones?

Not entierly sure i get your question...

D

trigger.PNG

could you check the log file and let me know ?

i dont think this tuner is very cluey with the link set up ?

i will check for 12v at the cas good point ..

no the timing is set to 10% no timing yet. but i will mention it.. timing belt is tight but will check ..its a new engine so all parts a new..

Hi milton  it is a cas problem you are seeing  have had it happen many many times the some times it is caused by timing belt whip and may not be directly a cas fault  the link is sensitive to trigger isues at times on rb engines also make sure you have 12volt going to the cas at least,   we have in the past i have fitted a triggger kit from nzwiring on my customers cars with great success also have you tuned the ignition map as retarded timin under boost can also cause the top end rpm to unstable  25 years of tuning rb engines trust me

Edited by milton r33