Base Map for TB48

mack85n

Hi,

I'm looking at a few options for an ECU for my current TB48 Turbo build. I will be running the ECU as a piggyback and I can get a V88 at a decent price. As I've heard these are a great ECU would it suit the needs of this application as I'm only in need of fuel and ignition control. Also would anyone have a base map to start with by any chance? For the same price I can get a Haltech Elite 750 though I've heard the Link/Vipec is a better option.

Cheers

As you're using the ECU in a piggy back installation there are a couple of potential issues you will want to look out for:

• Are the crank and cam sensors hall or reluctor? A lot of nissan engines of this era had hall sensors.
  • When the piggyback ECU is connected to the cam and crank sensors will the signal to the OEM ECU be effected? Will this create a problem?
  • What is the trigger pattern of the TB48?
  • Is the piggyback ECU able to have the Analog temp inputs pullup resistors turned off, or able to use Analog volt channels for temp inputs? When sharing temp sensors between ECUs you only want one ECU providing a pullup resistor.
  • Does the piggyback ECU provide sufficient inputs and outputs? Here are some you might end up using:

ECT

IAT

MAP

TPS

Wideband O2

Injectors

Ignition coils

I don't have a TB48 base-map to share. One of the tuners on here may have something you could use.

Scott

Thanks Scott,

Does the V88 Support these inputs and outputs if I do need them? And can I turn off the analogue input pull-ups?

Getting right info has been difficult so far. One Link dealer advised me that I need a Kurofune but I was then advised I would need a Fury or Storm.

I have seen the V88 being used on an Auto build on another forum so I have confidence it will work just want to make sure 100%.

Thanks again

The V88 does not have the switchable pullups on the temp inputs but you are able to use a standard volt channel.

The Kurofune is the best suited unit for piggyback applications but in reality most of the range is able to be used.

• 2 months later...

Hi ,
I did a turbo TB48 a few years ago.
I have a base MAP /PCL if you need it.
RegardsDave

Hi Dave,

That would be great! Is there any chance I could get it from you?

Regards,

Chris

Hi ,
I did a turbo TB48 a few years ago.
I have a base MAP /PCL if you need it.
RegardsDave

I'm also very interested to see what you controlled with the Link/Vipec.

I have purchased a V88 and I'm unsure as to how far I need to go with the V88 as far as engine control. I know of a shop in Vic that runs G4 Storms only controlling Fuel and Ignition. How far did you go with your set up?

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

• 11 months later...