G4 Storm 4D Tables

mack85n

Yes the G4 had 4 or 5d fuel and ignition tables.

in the download section of Links website you wil find the G4 software, if u download and install that it will have a storm base map in it's directory.

Edited by Adamw
Typo

Thanks will do

Yes the G4 had 4 or 5d fuel and ignition tables.

in the download section of Links website you wil find the G4 software, if u download and install that it will have a storm base map in it's directory.

Thanks I've got the G4+ just n

The G4+ software comes with two base-maps, one for the earlier G4+ blue case ("G4+ Storm Sample") and one for the later G4+ black case ("G4+ Storm Black Sample").

You will want version 5.6.4.

http://www.linkecu.com/software-support/pc-link-downloads/

Scott

What is the main differences? I've noticed that the G4 Storm only has 4 Ignition outputs. But it has 8 Fuel outputs. I was told the G4 only supports batch injection. Is this correct?

The G4+ Blue Storm has 4 ignition and 4 injection channels. It also has an inbuilt 4.0 bar MAP sensor. 

The G4+ Black Storm has 8 ignition and 8 injection channels. It does not have a built in MAP sensor.

Both ECUs are capable of doing sequential injection so long as adequate engine position information is given to the ECU and the number of injectors does not exceed the number of injector drives.

Scott

Post number 3 confuses me but all the other OP's posts here refer to the G4 and not G4+.  The OP would get a better answer if he could confirm which ECU models he is trying to compare.  Old G4 with new G4+?  Old G4 with Old G4+?  Old G4+ with new G4+?

Post number 3 confuses me but all the other OP's posts here refer to the G4 and not G4+.  The OP would get a better answer if he could confirm which ECU models he is trying to compare.  Old G4 with new G4+?  Old G4 with Old G4+?  Old G4+ with new G4+?

Sorry I wasn't aware there was "old G4+" I was under the impression all G4+ had the same features. I am trying to compare a G4 Storm that I can purchase as opposed to a new G4+ that I also could. Just want to understand the benefits that I will get for the additional costs involved

Ok, there are big differences between the G4 storm and the new black G4+ storm.  Here are some I remember;

• Old has 34pin connector, new has 2 x 34pin connectors, so a lot more inputs/ouputs.
  • Old has 4inj and 4 ignition drivers, new has 8 of each (and any unused can be used as aux outs).
  • Old has 3 or 4 analog inputs, new has 8.
  • Old has 2 digital inputs, new has 8.
  • Old was quite limited with 12 table allocations, new has 20.
  • New has DBW built in.
  • New has Knock control built in.
  • New has configurable CAN and can take CAN inputs.
  • New has Modelled fuel equation (i'm pretty sure old G4 didn't).
  • New has much better logging.
  • New has much more flexibility with virtual aux's etc.
  • New will still see new features added, software improvements and bug fixes, etc. 

Ok, there are big differences between the G4 storm and the new black G4+ storm.  Here are some I remember;

• Old has 34pin connector, new has 2 x 34pin connectors, so a lot more inputs/ouputs.
  • Old has 4inj and 4 ignition drivers, new has 8 of each (and any unused can be used as aux outs).
  • Old has 3 or 4 analog inputs, new has 8.
  • Old has 2 digital inputs, new has 8.
  • Old was quite limited with 12 table allocations, new has 20.
  • New has DBW built in.
  • New has Knock control built in.
  • New has configurable CAN and can take CAN inputs.
  • New has Modelled fuel equation (i'm pretty sure old G4 didn't).
  • New has much better logging.
  • New has much more flexibility with virtual aux's etc.
  • New will still see new features added, software improvements and bug fixes, etc. 

Adam has given a really good summary of the differences. One thing I want to mention is that the G4+ Xtreme, G4+ Fury, and G4+ Thunder have DBW (E-throttle) controllers onboard, but the G4+ Storm ECUs do not.

Scott

Adam has given a really good summary of the differences. One thing I want to mention is that the G4+ Xtreme, G4+ Fury, and G4+ Thunder have DBW (E-throttle) controllers onboard, but the G4+ Storm ECUs do not.

Scott

Scott, I thought that was the case but what tripped me up here is if I open the G4+ Storm black base map all the ethrottle settings are visible and all the relevant inputs outputs appear to be assigned like there is a controller.   Are they only there for an external controller?  Do you guys even make an external controller anymore?

WOW,

That's a lot more features. Enough said I think. I will go for the G4+ just for sheer increase in features. I did notice after posting this straight away that I'd need to run batch injection and wasted spark ignition which was steering me toward the G4+ anyway. As always thanks for the great info.

Just need to find out now if I can get a CAN adapter to run external outputs to a media player or tablet.

Cheers