G4+ PlugIn - CAN to PCB Pinout

iecku.tavea racing

Hey

I am trying to connect an AIM MXS to a Link G4+ PlugIn via CAN/PCB Cable. I used these instruction from AIM (http://www.aim-sportline.com/download/ecu/racing/LinkG4_CANBase_102_eng.pdf), but i doesn´t work. Is there a difference in wiring to the PCB cable?

I set transmit rate to 10Hz and format to normal. The Aim is setup with the 1mpbs settings they provide.

Do i need to adjust anything on the streams page?

Can i see the Aim MXS on the devices page even when there is a problem in the configuration?

The CAN-PCB cable will need to be plugged into the 'CAN/RS232' or 'CAN 2' socket on the bottom (bigger) board of the ECU. In the ECUs CAN Setup you need to select the CAN module you are wired to (CAN  1 or CAN 2).

Nothing needs to be done on the streams tab. The CAN-PCB cable connector pinout matches the image shown in the Aim pdf file you linked to. Try the transmit frequency on 20 Hz or higher.

Here is a document showing how to set this all up. If the communication still does not work please upload your ECUs base-map.

Scott

CAN - G4+ to Pista MXL.pdf

Looking at the Aim setup file you have selected the '500K' ECU stream. So you will want to set the Aim to the 'CAN Bus Base LCC' ECU stream instead.

500K.thumb.PNG.27c3af22bedde60dc1f88dc63

Looking at the ECU's CAN setup you have CAN module 1 set to 500 kbit/s, and CAN module 2 set to 1Mbit/s. Which one do you have the Aim wired to? Whichever one you have the aim wired to should be set to 1Mbit/s (to match how the dash will be setup), and the other CAN module should be turned off.

Scott

Hey Scott

Back again me. The problem is still not solved. I tried the 500kbit setting the last time cause the 1mbit didnt work. I tried different settings in the aim, the link and also the wiring. I will not work.

I found there is a "K-Line ECU output" on the aim dash directly beneath the can1+ and can1-. Do you know what this is?

Pre Map.pclr

MXS Strada - Thierry 011.zconfig

I can not see any setup problems in your latest files. One way you can test the ECUs CAN bus modules is to wire CAN 1 H to CAN 2 H, and CAN 1 L to CAN 2 L. Do not have anything else connected to the CAN bus. You can then send something out of CAN module 1, and receive it back into the ECU as something else on CAN Module 2. If this is successful it shows that CAN Module 1 and 2 are working well.

I have modified your latest base-map to do this test. You will need to load the attached base-map into your ECU, and wire the CAN bus modules as described above. You will then need to setup a Digital gauge in PCLink like I have in the following video. CAN TC Cyl 1 should show the engine speed, so start the engine up and check this. If it is working then CAN 1 is sending the engine speed out on 'Generic Dash' CAN stream and CAN 2 is receiving it back as 'CAN TC Cyl 1'.

https://vdoubleyou-scott.tinytake.com/sf/MTIwMjEzNV80NjI0MjYy

Scott

Pre Map - CAN test.pclr

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...