Supra Link Plugin - Outputs

kabnine

I went to wire in a fuel pump trigger output, and from what I can tell we only have 4 spare outputs.  These are Inj 7 & 8 and Ign 7 & 8.

So I went to my trustee handbook and noticed that Inj 7 is the o2 Heater, and is listed as pins B71 & B72 (Which seems odd), and Inj 8 is the ECU Hold Power, which has no pin listed, so I figured its probably important so don't fuck with it, but then when I look at the base Supra map, its set to Nil anyway.....

Ign 7 is the check engine light, which is actually pretty handy and its pin A6 and Ign 8 is the Fuel Pressure Solonoid (Which I won't be using with the new FPR) and is pin B73.

I note the expansion harness has no outputs.

So I decided B73 was it, since it has no use at all, unfortunately, I have no wire on B73, then I defaulted to B72, but it doesn't have a wire either and all the diagrams I can find on the internet have these 2 pins as empty.  Am I meant to pull the ECU plug apart and put my own wires in, or am I missing something obvious?  I can use my one remaining B71, but then I am out of outputs....

Any advice or ideas are welcome, even if its to put out I missed something fundamental and obvious.

You can use any of the pins you have mentioned above.  If there is no wire in those positions then you can either go to your local "u-pull-it", "pick-a-part", etc and take a couple from some other '90s toyota, or you can buy the bare terminals and make your own.  The terminal is a sumitomo 040:    https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/109_110/products_id/1784?osCsid=bnpq8ed9ptu2nj24lf1d8fblr1

Fuel pump speed control, purge solenoid and AC clutch are other aux's that you may not need and might be able to re-purpose.

Note depending on how old your PNP is, it might also have an aux out available on the second expansion connector, see this post: http://forums.linkecu.com/index.php?/topic/1964-supra-plug-and-play-ecu/&do=findComment&comment=39067

The ecu was purchased earlier this year.  I have never seen the Con5 diagram before and wasn't aware there was two.  Any idea how to tell which mine uses?  I have actually just wired everything up over the last couple of days assuming I had Con1.

Edit:  Nvm I just  through the pics of my board and noticed the connectors.  Because I had only seen the diagrams for Con1 thats the one I connected up. 

Thanks

David

Edited by kabnine