Tacho not working

lostsoul

If it sweeps with key on then the tacho is wired to the ecu correctly and the ecu is in control.  Shoud try as adamw has mentioned and try adjusting the duty cycle and the multiplier.  I have had to mess with those in order to get those tachos to work.

Does the key on sweep go all the way to the set RPM value?

Ok, checked a couple things.

1: AUX 2 is set as "Tacho"

2: Set the sweep rpm to 7000rpm ... sweeps to just past 8000rpm.

3: Tried adjusting the Duty Cycle  25% and 75% ... not a peep out of the Tacho.

Attached is my pclr. and a log file

Nigel's Thunder Install.pclr

Log 2016-12-29 4;18;19 pm.llg

If you set Aux 2 as test PWM and adjust the frequency are you able to make the Tacho operate?

On the bench with you map Aux 2 is acting as expected and pulsing with RPM increasing in frequency as RPM increases.

Ok, tried that .... nope, nothing, adjusted the frequency down to 30hz and up to 130hz 

Obviously the only thing left is a wiring issue ... guess what ... yup, you guessed it, had the Speedo Out and Tacho wires swapped around ... ( do I feel like a dump bastard or what !!!! ) 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• 8 months later...

No, looks to be a couple 100 rpm out still ... most likely a calibration issue ??

mine the same still having 100-250 rpm out issue. i have a blitz meter connected to same signal and it is showing correct rpm as shown in ecu. only stock cluster is not showing correct rpm. 

i didnt have this issue with v88 before swaping ecu to thunder. 

Simon or tech people, is there a way to see where the problem lies ?

thx

If the blitz meter shows correct then it is likely just your oem tacho inaccurate, this is pretty normal.  Most production car tachos will have significant error, usually more so at the high end of the scale.

totally understand that  but the weird part is that if i connect v88 back in no longer have the issue..  ecu calculation problem ?

it is unexplainable then in that case ? 

If your blitz meter reads correct then surely that confirms the ECU is outputting a correct frequency?

but g4+ will just go past set point no matter what setting ..

Are you sure the settings make no difference?  If you use a smaller multiplier the needle should sweep to a smaller number?

If your blitz meter reads correct then surely that confirms the ECU is outputting a correct frequency?

Are you sure the settings make no difference?  If you use a smaller multiplier the needle should sweep to a smaller number?

that is the thing, blitz meter reads exactly like in ecu. having said that the blitz has a setting that i can configure. however it was never reconfigured even after ecu swapped to g4+. the meter is sbc i color spec r. it is boost controller actually. 

as for multiplier i guess the smallest unit is 1? may be witth updated firmware i get smaller multiplier?, correct me if there is smaller than 1 multiplier available. 

all i can say after g4+ swapped, sweep never sweep to configured value, but v88 does it fine. just cant get my head around this. 

may be you can help finding a way to trouble shoot this ?