CANBUS Digital inputs

BMWRallycross

I would like to be able to select functions for digital inputs via CAN. Like traction control disable switch.

Also I would like to be able to select different temp inputs under Analoge voltage via external pullup resistor. I want to have diff and gearbox oil temp and already have used the four temp inputs.

I would like to be able to select functions for digital inputs via CAN. Like traction control disable switch.

It seems this is already possible:

Capture.png

Also I would like to be able to select different temp inputs under Analoge voltage via external pullup resistor. I want to have diff and gearbox oil temp and already have used the four temp inputs.

You can already do this too:

Capture2.png 

Edited by Adamw
spelling, update screenshot

Ok I have to go that way for the CAN. I thought it would be nice to have all the can inputs in a list to select functions for them.

Im already doing the temps that way. But I want to be able to use the labels "Gearbox oil temp" and "Diff oil temp" because my own label dosent show up in logging, only AN volt ...

You are correct, if you open a log file without the relevant base-map open (or ECU online) then the search box for adding parameters will not find the custom label you entered. For example, I made AN Volt 4 a GP Temp with a lable for 'Left head Temp'. Here is with no base-map open:

no_base-map.thumb.PNG.b752093c32b0de933c

However if you have the base-map open, or are online with the ECU then the custom text will be found when searching for a parameter:

with_base-map_open.thumb.PNG.3051079a9c9

It could be quite useful to have the base-map open when viewing a log file, so I recommend trying this.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

I have two cars with Link but they are not wired the same. Gearbox oil temp is on ANvolt 3 on one car an ANvolt 6 on the other so insted of having to change parameters in logging view or show both  but with no values on one it would be nice to be able to select that as an function directly.