TT PNP to 02' A4 AWP engine

Rich RDE

About to do some experimenting with the Audi TT PNP G4+. The AWP engine is not listed in the codes of engines that might work with the PNP for the A4. Also the AWP engine has variable valve timing which is going to make things unique. Has anyone on here had experience running this engine even with a Wire inn ECU? Going through some schematics shortly before we embark on getting this system to run the A4 engine.

Happy Holiday everyone!

Nice!! How was your experience with the extreme? What engine code? I have found that a lot of the Link ECU PNP options you can get to run similar family engines with minor tweaks. I like to test this as we are in the US and if someone wants one for a similar engine in a different chassis, I can tell them yay or nay.  

Plugin will (should) be fine on the AWP.  FWD version of the 06a 1.8T I presume?

This is the Quattro 2002 version. I was looking through some schematics and everything seems great. Except for the fact that this year is Wide band O2 sensor. I am thinking of just using the analog signal and tying it in to that specific channel, while running an aftermarket WB module and gauge. Now doesn't the AWP have a different cam sensor tooth count? I need to verify this. Contemplating just swapping the head for a non vvt unit.

The Audi/VW 1.8T engines we worked with had two narrow teeth and two wide teeth on the cam trigger wheel.  On our default Audi TT base-map we use the 'Multi-tooth/Missing' trigger mode. However this likely not work with a VVT engine, but the 'Holden V6 Alloytec II VVTi' trigger mode should work instead.

Scott.

If using the popular big-port AEB head on an 06a motor, you just need to swap over your small-port original CAM sensor and wheel to suit.

Likewise for the O2 sensor, I removed the original OEM sensors (wideband upstream, and narrowband downstream as they call it) and installed a standalone WB sensor and controller which feeds back to the ECU.

By all of my intensive investigations and schematics, the AWP should work fine with the PNP version.