tps and MAP accel fueling together

hexdmy

I've noticed on some of the cars that I've tuned with G4's that it would be good to have both accel fueling strategies available at the same time. Primarily I use tps based accel fueling, but on some turbo engines, you can get a bit of leaness when the turbo spools, and tuning with map based accel fueling alone is not much of an option on engines with decent sized cams. 

• 2 years later...

Bumping this topic... I'm surprised no one else has interest in this. OEM systems I have worked with do this, and it makes sense. At low throttle openings, a change of throttle angle is a better trigger for transient fueling than map for engines that have low / noisy idle vacuum. However, at steady throttle angles, on a turbo engine, as the boost builds, there can be a need for additional fueling, otherwise you get a lean spike. I've noticed this when tuning steady state and then doing transient sweeps, if you tune to the sweep, you get a inverse V in your fuel map. 

Certainly this is not reinventing the wheel, just doing what the OEM's have already been doing for many years, and for good reason. 

• 3 weeks later...