how to set up link plug in b16a coil on plug

mashend

hello,as per title.. i have civic link 95 plug in. and i want to install individual coil. how to connect to ecu.

i have coil k20 and the trigger from mitsubishi. how to install until finish? and how to set up from ecu?

thank you

from indonesia.

IMG_6343.JPG

If installing individual coils with built in ignitors they will be wired like this:

96_to_99_civic_COP_upgrade.thumb.png.8e1

If you have coils with out built in ignitors you will need an external ignitor channel between the ECU ignition outputs and each coil.

The factory B16A distributor pickups will work fine for direct spark ignition. 

Why do you want to use the mitsubishi trigger system? How many sensors does it have and how many toothed wheels? How many teeth on each wheel?

Scott

i'm already follow the diagram but on coil cilynder 1 i just used a21pin, but my engine couldn't start i must connect the a22 or there is a problem with ecu setting?

plese help sir, i'm newbie with linkecu

and my tuner ask can you give me a picture of ecu setting with individual coil?

You only need to connect to one of the cylinder 1 pins (A21 or A22).

If you are running 4 coils, each with a built in ignitor then I would expect your ignition setup to be something like this:

direct_spark.thumb.PNG.0dc4c9dea9e32ce2e

On the honda the spark edge is normally 'Rising', but if you have removed the factory ignitor and coil then I expect it to now be Falling.

If you can not get the engine to start then attach your base-map and a short PCLog of you trying to start the engine. 

Scott

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, OSF2004 said:

This is very helpfull.. Thanks A Lot Scott. I will do this setup for My H23.
does it run with the stock distributor? so i dont have to change the  the distributor with mitsu like Meshend does

Correct, stock distributor is fine as a trigger for full sequential & COP.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/13/2017 at 1:46 AM, mashend said:

hello,as per title.. i have civic link 95 plug in. and i want to install individual coil. how to connect to ecu.

i have coil k20 and the trigger from mitsubishi. how to install until finish? and how to set up from ecu?

thank you

from indonesia.

IMG_6343.JPG

How did you wire that 4 pin jack back to the ecu? What pins did you use for the ecu output

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Yeah Im pretty sure you will need a tacho booster on those.  You connect a spare aux output or ignition drive (some on your expansion connectors) to the tacho boost input pin, connect the tacho booster output to the tacho signal wire that used to go to the distributor.  

I have seen many users use the 12V that is at the distributor for powering the new coils.  

• 11 months later...

i know this is super old but im having similar questions other that its a k24 engine , its running very well with the link hc20x for the honda k20 however I cannot get a straight answer on exactly how to confirm ignition timing to be matching the ecu. what is the correct way to put a timing light on this crank and what marks mean what ? i have heard lots of completely different answers here however my car doesnt like any of the answers i have heard and will not run correct as instructed . I get a light pulse when i use the inductive clamp of timing light around all 3 coil wires together like for cylinder 1 and even with all 3 wires clamped the rpm is correct, however everyone says you use the actual arrow on the timing cam cover thats oriented to the left , but my timing would have to be set like -35 or so offset for that to be correct but seems to run correctly using the indicator on the timing cam cover thats oriented to the right side of the arrow and lines up with an offset of -5 @ 14 degrees timing locked by the link , ill try to attatch a diagram that would show what im saying about the wrong way to my engine at least ! the 3 marks that are close together line up @ mark c in image below again at offset of -5 with timing locked at 14 , is this correct?

Screenshot 2023-10-16 100300.png

2 hours ago, anewjer00 said:

i know this is super old but im having similar questions other that its a k24 engine , its running very well with the link hc20x for the honda k20 however I cannot get a straight answer on exactly how to confirm ignition timing to be matching the ecu. what is the correct way to put a timing light on this crank and what marks mean what ? i have heard lots of completely different answers here however my car doesnt like any of the answers i have heard and will not run correct as instructed . I get a light pulse when i use the inductive clamp of timing light around all 3 coil wires together like for cylinder 1 and even with all 3 wires clamped the rpm is correct, however everyone says you use the actual arrow on the timing cam cover thats oriented to the left , but my timing would have to be set like -35 or so offset for that to be correct but seems to run correctly using the indicator on the timing cam cover thats oriented to the right side of the arrow and lines up with an offset of -5 @ 14 degrees timing locked by the link , ill try to attatch a diagram that would show what im saying about the wrong way to my engine at least ! the 3 marks that are close together line up @ mark c in image below again at offset of -5 with timing locked at 14 , is this correct?

Screenshot 2023-10-16 100300.png

First you need to lock your ignition from Link’s software. After that if your timing light have offset adjustment you will set it to which degree you lock your ignition on Link’s sofrware. This way you can use single B mark because lets say you lock at 10 degree and put your timing light 10 and you use tdc mark. If your timing light don’t have offset adjustment, you need to lock your timing from Link software to 14 or 16 or 18, this is 3 close dots on the crank wheel and lets say you locked to 16 point A and point C’s middle dot should allign. If not change trigger offset number until marks allign.

20 hours ago, anewjer00 said:

I get a light pulse when i use the inductive clamp of timing light around all 3 coil wires together like for cylinder 1 and even with all 3 wires clamped the rpm is correct

You need to remove coil 1, connect an old HT lead between the spark plug and coil, then clamp around the HT lead.  Many timing lights trigger off the wrong dwell edge if you clamp around the primary side or "service loop".