E-Trottle limit (Protaction)

streetenergy

Hi dear developers!

Yesterda, pondering the next two projects I realized that i do not have a map for the implementation of all ideas. More precisely, i can cope with the fact that there is in the current version of the software, but if i do everything as relies, i need another Map. Soo i have a e-throttle and EGT sensor. 4D fuel map is active and it's adjust the AFR of EGT sensor - good , but thats not all. So i want to Link-ecu is limit the e-throttle to 15-20%. For the realization that i can adjust the e-thettle map 3 wich will depend of the EGT sensor voltage, BUT i think it's will be realizate in another map...  I would suggest to create a new map in section "Engine protections" > e-throttle limit > 3d map of e-throttle opening by INPUT (anVolt may be) . This will save the engine when EGT will be so high (fuel pump failure) . 

Can you add a map? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Yes. I need to limit the throttle position when EGT is to high. I think e-throttle must be close to 15-20% of opening and blocks , and when EGT is get down e-throttle control will becom .... sorry for my English ))). I may do this limit be e-throttle map 3 , but is need to ALS . 1 map to city , 2nd map to race , 3rd race+ als

You could do something similar by using a GP RPM Limit based on EGT, although limiting RPM is not the same as limiting throttle position.

Scott - I guess the question is whether there would be interest in adding a GP TPS Limit based on conditions?

Hi CamB,

I had similar thoughts to you, that instead of closing the e-throttle, it may be better to use a GP RPM Limit table to introduce a fuel or ignition cut. Generally a cut is going to have a faster effect than the e-throttle closing.

Streetenergy, thanks for the additional information.

I think there is a fair amount of general interest in us adding more GP RPM Limit tables, but this is the first request I've seen for protecting the engine through closing the e-throttle.

Scott

Edited by Scott

Yes, guys, I do limit using Gp limit but it's not exactly what we need. We often go mountain race in which the pilots once to look at the sensor readings, and the cut-off in terms of turnover are not always there to save the motor from overheating. Because the throttle is closed to us the only sensible option. I understand that it is possible to set a limit on the Equi that the engine does not overheat, but then the pilot and reach the finish line will not be able to more or less as soon as possible. Moreover, the pilot always knows what restriction on the turnover issued and always focused on him when shifting gears. And then suddenly he reduced speed limit restrictions and he can not understand what is happening with the car. The limit on the throttle as the races will give us the ability to easily finish overheating by EGT and thus we will be able at the first reading of the log to understand at what point and the motor overheats for any reason. And let us not forget that the limit on the throttle can be 15-20 and example 40 and Lego can reach the finish line in time lost quite a bit, but it does not overheat the engine.

Maps limit throttle opening for any input channel is a great feature, not only for my projects, but I hope, for your too. Many modern cars use such a system with the appearance of any critical errors. You can see such a system in the Subaru cars

Edited by streetenergy

The GP RPM Limit table is able to protect the engine just as well as when closing the throttle. Regardless of which method is used the driver will be down on engine power and the engine will be protected. Streetenergy, as you mentioned earlier, the Link ECU is already able to switch e-throttle target tables, so if you want to use this method you can. Maybe you can have one axis of the e-throttle target table as 'AP(Main)' and the other set to a virtual auxiliary channel. You could then have the virtual aux channel activate like in this image:

E-throttle_EGT_Limit.thumb.PNG.c5f96b58b

This does rely on you having the EGT values coming into the ECU over the CAN bus. You can set the actual temp value to whatever you think is suitable.

As Ducie54 mentioned, an audio buzzer output could be a useful alert for the driver.

Scott