Fury to Racepak with 230-VM efivipec Vnet adapter

Adam Carver

Ok, it seems your Vnet adapter doesnt like it when we put too much load on the bus.  RPM and MAP are the first two bytes of data in the message so for some reason it is too slow to keep up and starts skipping these bytes.

So in the file attached to this post I have removed all the redundant channels that you were not using, hopefully that might reduce the load enough to make it happy.  RPM and MAP are now real values so the engine will need to be running.

Give this one a go and let us know what happens.

Racepak-dash Test4.pclr

I am so HAPPY now  ,  first time in 3 years IT REALLY works

A few followups questions on this

If I whant to present more data on the display for any reson it wil not work?

If I update Firmware , does this custom setup remain ? Or do i have to get it fixed by you guys every time?

What can i say to Racepak? Is the Canadaper not good enough?

I am very grateful for the help on this problem and I hope more users can benefit from this , Maybe some sort of  preset in the software for the IQ3 Dash

Regards Peter

https://www.facebook.com/peter.andersson.3152/videos/1644267578990420/?comment_id=1644284985655346&notif_id=1518537274197089&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

10 hours ago, Peter Andersson said:

If I whant to present more data on the display for any reson it wil not work?

I only removed stuff that I thought you wouldnt use or that racepak dont read.  For instance I dont think you will ever use MAF so I removed MAF channel.  Racepak V-net only reads one wheel speed so I removed the other 3.  Racepak doesnt read Knock trims so I removed 8 channels of knock.  You dont have VVT so I remove 4 camshaft position channels.  Etc...  You cant add any new data channels that are not normally included in the "generic Dash stream" as the racepak module is fixed and cant be customised by the end user.

If I update Firmware , does this custom setup remain ? Or do i have to get it fixed by you guys every time

No, the CAN set up is now just stored as part of your "tune" file.  It will not be affected by firmware updates.

What can i say to Racepak? Is the Canadaper not good enough?

Whatever the problem is, it seems to be unique to you only.  My best guess is your Vnet module is faulty but its difficult to confirm without a more in-depth look with a CAN sniffer etc.  All I can say is there are many hundreds of these dashes and Vnet modules same as yours out there all working fine with Link ECU's.  I have personally set up a couple and they worked right out of the box with no special tricks needed.