ECT and IAT Calibration

Cederstrom96

Hi !

I'm new here so i hope this post is in the right place. (Sorry for bad English. I'm from Sweden).

I'm installing a G4+ Extreme Black om my Volvo with a Volvo B6284T Engine. and i'm using a Volvo standard ECT and a Bosch 0 281 006 059 for MAP/IAT. 
I can't get my ECT and IAT to show the same temperature as the outside temp. 

The outside temp is 4c and the ECT shows 7c and the IAT shows 9
Does it have to be more precise ?

This is the Voltage and Resistance from the Volvo ECT that i can find:

NTC Resistor
tempgivare.thumb.PNG.bc4d56ede2f9e214905

Bosch NTC standard is not that different. But will it work with Bosch NTC standard when it shows 3⁰c too high ? Std_Bosch_Cal.thumb.PNG.cc28ea31e2e0e799

And the IAT. I can't find any information about what Resistance it gives. it shows 5⁰c too high. 

Hi Cederstrom96,

I wouldn't be too worried in this case.  It looks like your volvo curve has most error at low temps and above about 40°C the resistance is very close to the Bosch curve.  So at normal operating temps you should see very little error.  The 5°C error at low temps shouldnt hacve any noticeable effect.

Note you can do custom calibration curves if you want it better.

• 4 years later...
On 2/21/2017 at 7:22 AM, Adamw said:

Hi Cederstrom96,

I wouldn't be too worried in this case.  It looks like your volvo curve has most error at low temps and above about 40°C the resistance is very close to the Bosch curve.  So at normal operating temps you should see very little error.  The 5°C error at low temps shouldnt hacve any noticeable effect.

Note you can do custom calibration curves if you want it better.

Hello Adamw, can I ask about honda coolant sensors. Today I’m tuning my friend’s honda b18c type r engine with g4x plugin. What I notice is when ecu see 93-94 degree celcius coolant temp, hoses are nor that hot, I mean feels like 60-70 degree celcius. After some time ecu see 98-102 but hoses are feel normal I mean when engine in operating temp hose's temp and ecu temp is much closer. So I checked the calibration and ect sensor calibrated as std bosch ntc on link's base map but on link software there is also honda k20 and honda type a sensors (I don't know if these sensor calibration's for honda iat or honda etc). When select honda k20 3-5 degree less coolant temp ecu see compared with std bosch ntc and when select honda type a ecu see 7-8 degree less coolant temp than std bosch ntc. Can I ask honda typa a sensor is from which honda engine ? Because when select honda type a sensor ecu temp is much realistic and also this honda calibrations are for honda iat or honda ect sensor calibrations. 

If you can put the sensor in a cup of ice water and tell me resistance, and then in a kettle of boiling water do the same and that will give me some idea of the sensor calibration.

According to our notes all Hondas prior to the K series used the standard Bosch/Denso calibration. The K20 calibration does both IAT and ECT on most of the later Honda engines up until they started moving to GDI.

The "Honda A" calibration is for the late honda GDI engines such as L15B, both IAT & ECT.