G4 Info Display

R24

Dear friends,

Need help on the info display issues I am having. I have a mini PC to connected to the ecu to display the informations on the dash screen. I have since turn on the Auto mode in the connection preferences but the ECU will go offline everytime I start up the PC back. I have tried saving the file and renaming but still the same.

The PC runs on the new G4+ link firmware version, but I haven't updated the ECU firmware as I dont want to mess with the settings. Any idea what should I do?

The PC is powered by the cig 12v output. Normally before this it will shutdown after I turn off the key and comes back on connecting automatically after the key is on. 

Now I notice the PC turns on and starts the PClink but the ECU remains disconnected. My attempt to select the connection preferences to auto gets reset whenever I turn off and on the PC.

Edited by R24

When PCLink first starts up, before you change the connection option, in the top right hand corner, does PCLink display an orange box with "Searching"?

If it does not:

1. Go to Options > Connection
  2. Set "Connection Mode" to "Auto"
  3. Press Ok
  4. Go to File > Exit
  5. Open PCLink manually

You should be able to cycle the power to the PC and PCLink will auto connect.

Post back here with your result.