Latency/deadtime based on logged fuel pressure differential

Jwhalen07

I just did a Flex fuel and fuel pressure based model calibration of an evo 9. Pretty interesting to see that fuel pressure differential on pump gas E10 was 45psi and on E65 it moved up to 50psi. This obviously made the low pulsewidth areas require some changing between the two fuel tables. I'm sure a bigger fuel return could help this a little, but it could also easily be fixed by having a 4D table that modified injector PW based on FP differential. This is also a multi fuel pump setup and I did manage to make the transition very smooth when the 2nd pump kicks on, but having fuel pressure move with the 2nd pump kicks on it a real possibility and this would allow for even finer and precise fuel model. This car is running ID2000s with twin walbro 450s and both are rewired to the battery. 

You can set up the latency/deadtime table to be 3d and change the vertical axis to differential fuel pressure.

If you have a mechanical restriction that is causing the fuel pressure to rise with the second pump, I would recommend repairing that mechanically rather than bandaid the ecu calibration.