Two (fuel related?) issues after firmware update

PitBull

I recently upgraded the firmware in my Link Storm (old style) and I am experiencing two issues since then that I think are fuel-related.  I didn't take note of the version it was at before but I think it was from mid-2016.

So the first problem is with starting.  Prior to the update, the car started fine under any condition hot or cold engine, hot or cold weather.  After the update, the car starts ok when the weather is cold and engine is cold.  But if the weather is warm or if the weather is cold but the engine is warm, it will stall about 1-2 seconds after firing.  If I turn the key off and try again, the same thing will happen.  If I keep turning the key off and then trying to start, the result is the same.  However, if after the first try and stall, I leave the key ON and then crank it again to start, it usually starts and runs.

The second issue has to do with the Dual fuel table.  I have the Dual Fuel table mode set to "Overlay".  This table is active when DI1 is ON.  However, when I turn on DI1, the engine stalls almost immediately and from what I can tell I think it's because the fuel is cut way down.  This table worked fine before the firmware update.  As an experiment, I put all zeros in Table 2, which should effectively do nothing since it's an overlay table.  However, even with zeros, the engine still stalls.  As a final test, I disabled Table 2, and with it disabled, the engine does not stall when DI1 is ON.

I'm not sure what steps to take next to try and troubleshoot.  Can the firmware be downgraded or is that a bad idea?

We would need to be able to see a copy of the map pre upgrade and one after upgrade. From this we can then compare to see where the differences are.

It is highly likely there are new settings in the later firmware that need to be checked and adjusted to suit.

Thanks PitBull

Looking at file using the compare I can not see any area that should cause the starting issues.

As a long shot you could restore the ECU to factory settings and then load a base map store and then finally put your file in from pre upgrade.

You can also roll back the firmware if you wish to the pre upgrade version and see if the issue still occurs.

Sorry for the conflicting advice Pitbull, I have confirmed I see the same unexpected behavior when testing your map so it does seem there is something wrong.  I have passed it on to engineering to investigate.  For now you will have to roll back to 5.5.7.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mapper,

This bug wouldnt affect the common multi-fuel setups.  It is only when the dual fuel table mode is set to "overlay table", in this case no matter what value is in the table, the pulsewidth drops to zero and stops the engine.  This mode is rarely used so we think it shouldnt effect too many users and for those that it does effect it will be very obvious.

For multi-fuel setups the dual fuel table mode is "interpolate between" and this works as expected.

We have this fixed in the next release but it is still a little way off at the moment.