Wheel Speed on 1 to 6 or 1 to 8?

CCS

With ref to below from help file. I am allowed to use 5 and 6 for my Wheel Speed. Is the help file wrong?

·Only Digital Inputs 1 to 4 can be used to measure engine position (used only for VVT Control).
·Digital Inputs 1 to 6 can be used for frequency measurement (eg speed signals).
·Digital Inputs 1 to 8 can be used for edge detection (eg Gear cut control clutch switch).
·All digital inputs can be used for general purpose switching signals (eg A/C request).

·LF Wheel Speed - (DI1 to DI6 only) Hall and reluctor wheel speed signals
·LR Wheel Speed - (DI1 to DI6 only) Hall and reluctor wheel speed signals

·RF Wheel Speed - (DI1 to DI6 only) Hall and reluctor wheel speed signals
·RR Wheel Speed - (DI1 to DI6 only) Hall and reluctor wheel speed signals

Edited by lanceccs

Later firmware did allow higher Dis to be use.

Just a note on the I series you are now able to use the Link G4+ tuning software and firmware so there are a number of updates available.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Simon. By upgrading it will introduce changes like new features and bug fixes. Is there any critical things that I should take note of that might damage the engine? Example: Turning off a new feature that will significantly adv the timing after a cond?

If you download the latest PCLink from our website, you can navigate to the release notes in the help file as I have shown below. You will have to look at all the items listed above you current 5.3.1 version.  The most important or critical items are those highlighted in orange text.  

Mv4Gfum.png