AIM Dash, VIPEC CAN_BUS_FULL.LCC

redmist

I'm attempting to get AT4 to display on my AIM EVO4 with my G4+ Xtreme. Unfortunately Race Studio is rather restrictive in terms of what it will display and the Generic Dash CAN configuration will not output AV4 unless I configure it as either OIL Temp or IAT. Both of which I'm also displaying. I noted that the VIPEC configuration for race studio includes a download for CAN_BUS_FULL.LCC.This is compatible with the early VIPEC software however I cannot read the frame layout in said version, so I can't manually copy it across to PCLink to configure my G4+. 
I wondered if there was a document displaying the frame layout for the VIPEC_CAN_Bus_FULL.LCC or conversion software that can copy the LCC into LCS format?

Cheers, Daniel. 

Hi Daniel.

I've duplicated the old "Vipec CAN Bus full stream" as best I can without having a dash here to test with.  There are a few parameters that I dont have a good record of what AIM expects and also there are a few parameters that we have changed over time that may need the scaling tweaking.  So please give it a try and report back what works and what doesn't - or if if doesn't work at all and I will see what I can do.  Grab the .lcs from here: Vipec Full Test.lcs
Set up the mode tab like below, then load stream in to stream 1:

GWt9VTP.png

Edited by Adamw

Appears to work a charm. Thankyou Adam. 

For those of you with an AIM datalogger this LCS will give you a few different parameters to log and display. 

It's a pity that AIM don't give us the ability to alter the RaceStudio CAN configuration to suit our needs. 

Thanks again Adam. 

2017-03-15 (2).png

Edited by redmist

• 1 month later...

Hi Daniel.

I've duplicated the old "Vipec CAN Bus full stream" as best I can without having a dash here to test with.  There are a few parameters that I dont have a good record of what AIM expects and also there are a few parameters that we have changed over time that may need the scaling tweaking.  So please give it a try and report back what works and what doesn't - or if if doesn't work at all and I will see what I can do.  Grab the .lcs from here: Vipec Full Test.lcs
Set up the mode tab like below, then load stream in to stream 1:

GWt9VTP.png

Adam i have got this setup working with most success on my vipec i88 wire in and aim dash. The only thing i that dosnt work is the EGT which i have assigned to AN Volt 2... the display on the dash reads nothing at idol then when you accelerate it flashes some numbers like 1000 ect. Maby there is some mismatch in the can config as the ecu itself displays egt prefectly on the computer.

Adam i have got this setup working with most success on my vipec i88 wire in and aim dash. The only thing i that dosnt work is the EGT which i have assigned to AN Volt 2... the display on the dash reads nothing at idol then when you accelerate it flashes some numbers like 1000 ect. Maby there is some mismatch in the can config as the ecu itself displays egt prefectly on the computer.

AN Volt 2 isnt even transmitted using this stream.  Here is the channel list taken from AIM's documentation for the "CAN Bus Full" stream:

7b5Cm1D.png