CAN or CANopener

Guest |491|

David,

The iphone part of this is really just a novelty, I literally had to hack the iphone to do this. To do it the legit way, one must satisfy the MFI(Made For iPod) contract/licensing. Down the track I probably will consider another handheld OS, for instance like Android. As there product is open, and is not locked down. But for the time being, the CANopener's main focus is not the iPod, its designed to fix and replace the CANBUS problems created on newer cars.

Thanks Jason

Jason,

I'm interested in more details about this for some projects that i have at the shop. could you please email me when you have a chance - franz(at)dieboldautosport.com

thanks,

Franz

Jason

I am really impressed by the great job you made.

We have new project for new personal watercraft.

we use V88 marine and we would like to use the genuine dash on our racing boats.

Can I email the information we have in order to know if your device could manage this Dash.

Could you please let us know more details of your system.

Please find my email [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Little green sumo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jason,

I am installing a V88 on a Suzuki Swift Sport, but to get the tach signal, it is transmitted over a CAN system, Ray said I could talk to you in getting somthing to work. Please contact me at [email protected] thanks

Sincerely

Roderick Byles

Just an update, I've had a fair bit of intrest/and side work from this project. So I have taken it to a more of a product level.

Different configurations for the CAN interceptor can be made

2-6 x CAN (2,4,6)

0-1 x USB Host (Reading ECU via USB)

1-2 x RS232 (Reading ECU via RS232) or opt for 1xiPhone*(Not offical yet, Apple MFI is a pain)

0-2 x 0-1024 Degree (K-Type themos)

0-4 x Analog Inputs (For ejector seat, and heating)

0-2 x Analog Outputs (Speed/RPM pulse sensors stuff)

4680729457_f0890a664c_b.jpg

4681362042_19aab96b44_b.jpg

4681362292_59703f50b2_b.jpg

4624056970_86c8932f78.jpg

Also been using a iPod as a extra means of visual output

hello,

im seaking for some help

i have fiesta 2.0 duratec n/a converted to turbo.

I get some CAN sniffer, and i so far i have sniff almost all codes.

Can i have your email or conntact so we can manage something about your magic dvice :mrgreen:

can you pm me ? or email me ? josip.vrcic(at)gmail.com

thanks

also seeking for some help regarding this:

Re: CAN or CANopener

by gti » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:54 pm

See it working here.

on 0:20 of the movie, rpm drops to 800rpm and then returnes back to 1000rpm+

is there way to prevent this, and when throttle is released that gauge dops smooth from lets say 1400 to 1000rpm.

On mechanical throttle body, not drive by wire.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Jason,

I am in EMS selection stage and coupled with this solution and the VIPEC plug-in ECUs I think this is a winner for me.

I am doing a custom swap of a 2jz into a current model Lexus. This will be a Street car so most if not all functions will need to work.

I would like this swap to be considered for support. I have most if not all the data required to get this to work.

I am aiming at creating full swap solution.

If you could contact me to discuss it will be much appreciated.

john dot chiko at gmail dot com

John

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The output of the ViPEC is pretty limiting(For example to ability to send CEL status via CAN isn't there). With a car like a E46, I would assume it has multiple CANBUS's, and your going to need more than one. So you will probably need something like my device that has more CAN ports and can read cel status from a vipec analog output.

Jason