EP91 - Toyota Starlet Turbo

Guest Kieran-LinkECU

Guest Kieran-LinkECU

Hi everyone my name is Kieran from JMPARTS I'm a uk link ecu dealer, I'm currently In the process of building ,y ep91 race car which I'll be using for drag racing our tuning shop is known for running AWD drag cars but not so much front wheel drive hence the build, I'm hoping to run the car on Link Ecu specifically the thunder as i think it's more suited to my needs! Anyway I thought I'd sign up as I'm wanting some more in depth info and I'm hoping you guys can help me out 

all the best 

Kieran 

Photo 25-03-2017, 23 10 39.jpg

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

Building a 4efte also and running Link Monsoon have most things figured just the ignition system, can seem to find which type of ignigtor i need (if any) to run coil on plug and some basic wiring for it, also trigger input for the ecu as you know the 4efte uses cam only, do I need to install crank trigger or just use the cam trigger and configure it via the ecu ?

p.s using the the A loom 2.5meter engine isnt in a glanza 

Any advice taken on board thanks.

Ross

4efte engine.jpg

Also seen a post where there are certain cop coils that have built in igniters 3pin so I can wire these 12v Grnd Parallel then 4 drivers from ecu ? for seq ignition 

• 6 months later...
On 26/03/2017 at 9:01 PM, TyroneTurbos said:

Building a 4efte also and running Link Monsoon have most things figured just the ignition system, can seem to find which type of ignigtor i need (if any) to run coil on plug and some basic wiring for it, also trigger input for the ecu as you know the 4efte uses cam only, do I need to install crank trigger or just use the cam trigger and configure it via the ecu ?

p.s using the the A loom 2.5meter engine isnt in a glanza 

Any advice taken on board thanks.

Ross

Also seen a post where there are certain cop coils that have built in igniters 3pin so I can wire these 12v Grnd Parallel then 4 drivers from ecu ? for seq ignition 

I run newage Subaru Impreza coils on my 1ggte toyota engine. They have built in igniters, so only three pins (Earth, 12v, and signal) if you need something a little longer look at the Lexus 1GFE coils. Again built in igniters but 4 Pin’s (the 4th is a 5v feedback to the standard Ecu to confirm operation so can be left disconnected). 

A lot of people are also using vag coils with good results.