G4 Extreme wont restart when hot

PhilC

Hi all, I have a G4 extreme in my rally car and if I turn the engine off after a stage, I can not restart engine, all power supplies are good, fuel pump not being primed. let cool down or cool down with a damp rag and will start. No faults while running. Is there a protection device in the ecu for over temp. it is mounted on a panel on transmission tunnel witch does not feel too hot. Any ideas please!!!

Something is not happy if the fuel pump is not priming.  I'm not sure if there is in fact a thermal safety device or logic in the ecu as I've never been asked that before but temperature could very well an issue.

Can you try to get a log of this behavior so we have a few more clues to work with.  There is a quick instructional video of how to do a PC log here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A  This video is actually demonstrating on a G4+ but I think a G4 should be similar enough that you can work it out.

You can then email the log and .pcl file to: BGfzSPG.png